A curated list of awesome Operational research solvers, libraries, books, teachers and resources
Inspired by awesome-go.
Open-source and comercial solvers
- Cbc - An open-source mixed integer programming solver written in C++.
- Clp - An open-source linear programming solver written in C++.
- GLPK - Package is intended for solving large-scale linear programming (LP), mixed integer programming (MIP), and other related problems.
- lp_solve - A Mixed Integer Linear Programming (MILP) solver.
- QSopt - Linear Programming Solver.
- SCIP - Solving Constraint Integer Programs.
- CPLEX - Mathematical programming solver for linear programming, mixed integer programming, and quadratic programming.
- Gurobi - Mathematical programming solver.
- LocalSolver - Hybrid mathematical programming solver.
- Mosek - Interior-point optimizer for continous linear, quadratic and conic problems..
- Xpress - Linear and convex quadratic optimization in continuous and integer variables.
Many books about Operational research
- Introduction to Graph Theory
- Robust Discrete Optimization and Its Applications
- Integer Programming
- Introduction to Linear Optimization
- Combinatorial Optimization
- Modern Graph Theory
- Combinatorial Problems and Exercises
- Computational Complexity: A Modern Approach
- Algorithmic Game Theory
- Decomposition Techniques in Mathematical Programming: Engineering and Science Applications
- Concrete Mathematics: A Foundation for Computer Science
- How To Solve It: A New Aspect of Mathematical Method
- The Algorithm Design Manual
- Computational Geometry: Algorithms and Applications
- Optimization Theory for Large Systems
- Applied Mathematical Programming
- Andréa Cynthia Santos
- Alexandre Salles da Cunha
- Alexandre Xavier Martins
- Cristian Prins
- Geraldo Robson Mateus
- Jeff Erickson
- Jon Kleinberg
- Luciana Buriol
- Michael Trick
- Paulo Feofiloff
- Sebastián Alberto Urrutia
- Thiago Ferreira de Noronha
Groups about Operational Research
- LaPO, UFMG, Brazil
- LOSI, Université de Technologie de Troyes, France
- Matheon, Berlin, Germany
- NEO, Universidad de Malaga, Spain
- RUTCOR, Rutgers University, United States
- ORBrescia, Università di Brescia, Italy
- ORC, MIT, United States
- OR@Unibo, Università di Bologna, Italy
- Free webinars on Operational Research topics
- The Science of Better, from the U.K. OR Society
- Learn about O.R., from the U.K. OR Society
Code Examples and Libraries
- Tutorial on the CPLEX API, in C++
- Implementation of the Adaptive Large Neighbourhood Search metaheuristic, in C++
- Implementation of the Biased Random Key Genetic Algorithm metaheuristic, in C++
- Implementation of a simple Genetic Algorithm framework, in C++
- Library to solve Graph Colouring Problems and Max-Weight Stable Set Problems, in C
- LKH-3, Helsgaun's implementation and extension of the popular Lin-Kernigan heuristic for routing problems
- Discorde, a wrapper API for the popular TSP solver Concorde
- EURO, the Association of European Operational Research Societies
- EUROYoung, a group of young EURO researchers organising free events for other young researchers
- AIRO, the Italian O.R. Society
- AIROYoung, the Youth Chapter of AIRO, organising a yearly free workshop and PhD school
- MTL-Students, student chapters for O.R. students in Montreal, Canada
- The Operational Research Society, United Kingdom
- ROADEF, the French O.R. Society
- DORS, the Danish O.R. Society