Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- Recompile against Java 6 instead of 8. Fixes ASM crashes with Forge mods (ResourceLoader, maybe others)
- Update installer for MultiMC 0.6.0
r9: For real this time
r8: Update Forge version to 2511
r7: Always catch main menu world renderer errors
r6: Fix forge item drops on death.
r3 update: default to old menu room if low RAM allocation. Slightly shrink installer window.
r2 update : ???
r1 update: fix crash with BetterFoliage mod
New Installer options:
- Custom Profile Name: ticking this in the installer will allow you to enter a custom profile name. This means you can install the same version of Vivecraft multiple times with different options and not overwrite the one profile.
- Modpack Directory - ticking this allows you to set the profile's 'Game Directory' during installation. This is the preferred way to play Vivecraft with a modpacks (such as from the FTB/Curse/Twitch launcher). Previously you would have to install Vivecraft and then edit the profile settings in the launcher, now it can be done during installation.
Onward-style joystick/touchpad analog movement:
VR Settings > Locomotion Settings > Freemove Type > Set to 'Joy/Pad'
- Does NOT change any existing keybinds, you will want to review your button bindings. There is a shiny new button binding selction GUI just for this.
- You do not need 'Move Forward' bound to anything.
- Things that require pressing the 'Move Forward' keybind will require touching the 'forward' area of the touchpad/joystick in this mode. This includes teleporting and grabbing with the left hand climbey claws.
- Disables anything bound to 'swipes' on the left controller touchpad.
- Does NOT disable actions bound to pressing in the 4 areas of the left touchpad, although you may want to just change them all to jump or sprint.
- Disables anything bound to joystick up/down/left/right on left controller. You need to relocate these bindings.
- Does not check if you're 'touching' the joystick, let me know if it should (due to insufficent deadzone or something)
New keybinding menu
- Select from full list of available actions instead of having to cycle thru them one by one, who designed that crap in the first place?
- Fixed some goofiness with the Patreon hmd's and arm rendering.
NonVR 2r6 (3/16/2018)
- Update installer for MultiMC 0.6.0
r4 update: fix logged error with Forge and pick block button.
r3 update: fix crash with witches
r2 update: improve chunk loading and fix invisible world in MR mode.
r1 update: fix crash with newer Thermal Expansions
- Updated to latest Optifine (E3)
- Updated to latest Forge (2316)
- Cleaned up some issues playing a LAN game.
r3 update: Fix mine button glitch and 'hacking' invalid item multiplayer disconnect. And crash with layerElytra under forge in some cases.
r1 update: hopefully fix game menu not opening and windows start menu issues.
- Added 'backpack' hotbar switching. Reaching behind you with the main hand will swap to hotbar slot 1 (or back to the last used) Doing so with the offhand will swap hotbar slot 2 with the offhand slot. Bows do not work offhand, sorry. (thanks to cincodenada for the original idea)
- Made getting off the top of ladders a bit easier
- Fix end credits screen, I think.
- GUI over blocks now scales with distance.
- New haptic feedback in various circumstances.
- Fix incorrect item positioning for mobs.
- SteamVR Keyboard only opens automatically when a textbox can't be clicked. Made clicking on clickable textboxes open the steamvr keyboard.
- SteamVR Keyboard now positioned a little nicer.
- When a pressing a controller button now send a keystroke to the game window instead of pressing the keybind. This improves compatibility with Forge mods that only exclusively check the keyboard.
- Fixed spawn position sometimes not being right especially under forge(?)
- Fixed indexoutofbounds crash especially common using Mixed Reality.
- Fixed hotbar scroll/swipe being backwards under forge.
- Left Appmenu button now sends a keyboard 'ESC' instead of directly opening the menu. Better interaction with mod GUIs.
- Fiddle with how left-click works. No longer spams arm swings when clicking empty air. Useful for precise Wynncraft spells.
- Fix teleport square being off.
- Your hands will always appear rendered in front of any GUIs. Recommended to now always use 'hud occlusion:off'. Hand rendering may jump around using shaders and opening GUIs. Tough.
- Fix keyboard input sometimes breaking especially when using Fullscreen.
- Sprint/sneak icons render when playing with Forge.
- Fix Nether/End being broken under Forge. (pre7)
- Fix startup crash with iVRy.
- Disabled hosting a LAN game using Forge, please use a dedicated server instead.
- Disabled shaders "Render Quality" setting because it breaks everything and we have our own render scale setting anyways.
Forge Mod Fixes:
- Tinker's Construct: Most tools now usable in roomscale. Most bows usable via 2-handed archery. Better in-hand positioning. Arrows should be detected. Your mileage may vary.
- Journeymap: Stopped keyboard popping up. Panning the map works now thanks to some hackery courtesy of Techjar.
- BetterFPS: Stopped this mod from breaking the options menu.
Recently Windows Defender has been throwing up false positives about the installer being malware; we assure you it's not, but feel free to check VirusTotal or something. Only happens when downloaded from GitHub, not from anywhere else. We're going to look into the issue, for now just temporarily disable your real-time protection.
r1 update - fix missing Video Settings menu.
r2 update - fix ladders
r3 update - fix error when other VR player draws a bow (and probably other item use situations)
- Updated the included Optifine version from C2 to D8, this fixes many Forge mod bugs.
- Updated internal mappings to 1.10.2 stable. Makes maintenance easier on me.
- New keyboard injector method, should fix not being able to type into Forge UI's such as JEI
- Fix rubberbanding using teleport in single-player
- Fix game always looking for openvr dll's in appdata/.minecraft, should always look in install dir too.
- Fix thermal expansion cursor
- Fix getting stuck in bed. (in the game, this will not make you a morning person)
- Other misc Forge compatibility fixes.
The good news is this version now works with several large FTB packs including Beyond which is 175 mods. That's a win in my book.
Everything that was added to the 1.11 branch. There's a lot.
Forge Support. Please report bugs in the issue tracker.
New Installer Features:
- If intstaller cannot detect the correct Forge version it will download it and launch the Forge installer for you.
- You can select your profile RAM allocation from the installer. 2GB is the default. More is recommened for Forge.
- Fixed installer not setting profile as active in the new launcher.
NonVR companion coming Soon(tm)
r1 update - fix shields freezing game.
r2 update- fix pixelmon keyboard popup and default forge checked in installer.
updated to r4 to fix throwing eggs at other people. (this is my life now)
updated to r3 to update launch4j and eliminate the registry error some users were experiencing trying to run the installer
updated to r2 to relocate the dependencies that were hosted on minecraft-vr.com
updated to r1 to fix the Reset Origin button not working.
Multiplayer animation support
The arms and heads of other Vivecraft users will animate based on their real movements. Requires a multiplayer server running Vivecraft Spigot Extensions and all players must be running updated Vivecraft clients. Does not affect non-vivecraft players on the server.
Other new stuffs
- A slight red tint will appear at low health (since the HUD is not always visible). Also fixed the hurt red flash not playing.
- Doubled arrow damage from player to compensate for harder aiming. This was done in 1.7 and did not make the port to 1.10 til now (whoops).
- Roomscale Climbing: Don't allow climb when holding down the move button. Also added 60cm to the height check for getting off at the top.
- Roomscale Jumping: Should be easier to accomplish.
- Roomscale Running: Much improved speed and direction detection. Can also run when in water and touching the bottom.
- Roomscale Swimming: Swimming not allowed if standing in shallow water. No diving in the kiddie pool.
- Confirmation screen added when switching into seated mode.
Oculus and Seated
- You can now use 'teleport' mode while playing Seated. Toggle in the Seated Options menu and hold down W to activate. For the easily nauseated.
- Moved 'Reset Origin' button out to main VR Settings menu so it is accessible when playing standing with Hydras. Only appears when using a Rift or playing seated.
- Origin offset also now applies to controllers (i.e. Hydras).
- No more roomscale attacking while blocking with a shield, cheaters. Main hand item will fade out while blocking.
- Total re-write of code to find valid teleport destination. All to fix carpets.
- Removed dozens of unused or poorly-implemented options. Good chance I broke something importatnt.
- Fixed some issues with the controller buttons in inventory screens.
Welcome ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Steves of all ages to the first ever (and likely only) Vivecraft Roomscalelympics! It's been quite a while since our last update and this one is a doozy. First and foremost we have a new contributor, Finaltransmit is his name and he's added quite a bit to the new features found in this most sporting of updates.
What we have for you is a significant addition of 'roomscale' ways to interact with and move around your Minecraft worlds. All of these are optional and can be toggled on the locomotion settings menu. It is my sincere wish that it is now possible to play Minecraft without any artificial locomotion at all, if you're into that sort of thing.
In no particular order:
You can now swim in roomscale. Specifically the breast-stoke. Use 2 hands and move them together, do not alternate hands or you will be eaten by squids. You do not need to hold down a button. Swim rapidly at shore to get out. Being eaten by squids disqualifies you from competition.
You can climb ladders in roomscale. Only available in free-move or if 'simulate falling' is turned on. Simply touch a ladder with either hand to grab on and up you go, no button presses required. Once your feet are within 1 block of the top, simply lean forward to get off.
Hold food or drink items up to your pie hole to consume automatically. Om nom nom nom nom. When you go experiment with this please recall you typically cannot eat in creative mode, nor when your player isn't hungry. Yes, eating is a sport, in my mind.
To sneak in roomscale, duck. The game tries to keep track of your normal standing height and will put you in sneak mode if you get low enough. Also when in sneak mode (however you get there) your hands and items will appear slightly transparent. If you get stuck sneaking, use the 'calibrate height' button that can be found on the in-game menu.
You can jump in roomscale. To do so... jump!. If you're having trouble getting it to work note that it's looking for the HMD and both controllers to go 'up'. So when you jump, do not flap your arms, you thilly goose. Uses the same height-tracking thing as sneaking so reset your standing height if you have trouble.
A new 'walking multiplier' option is available that will amplify your roomscale movements so you can cover more virtual area in your play space. Not for the queasy.
I've implemented a very basic Run-In-Place movement mode. This is the 3rd form of free move alongside the already existing controller-pointing and HMD-pointing options. To turn on: Set Move mode to Free Move and set Free Move Type to RunInPlace. To activate RIP you DO need to hold down the left trigger (move forward button) and swing/jiggle your arms. Try to keep the controllers out in front of you a little and move both of them in a similar motion. Does NOT work in water or going up ladders, so.. use the roomscale variants.
That's a paddlin'. You can row boats in roomscale. Does not require a button press. Simply move one or the other controller rapidly to stroke the oar on that side to turn. Move both controllers to move forward.
Horse riding has been improved. You now sit up off the ground like you should and jumping is nice and smooth. I also think I fixed shooting bows on horseback.
- New Locomotion menu: re-did the locomotion settings menu to better indicate which options apply to which movement mode.
- Better Oculus support. We've added the ability to detect the headset and tracking system in use. Should prove useful in the future. Can also now set proper seated player height.
- New seated options menu: Finaltransmit has gone and started a menu for Seated Mode options. Hover over the items to see what they do.
- New curious foods can be found on the brewing tab.
- Minor controller and rendering bugfixes.
Fixed a major bug that was causing most of the advanced Video Options to have no effect. This allows enabling the really cool new Optifine feature called 'Dynamic Lights' which will illuminate the world when you hold or drop a torch without needing a shaders pack turned on. Turn it on in Video Options > Quality.
- Fixed bucket dipping
- Fix UI in Mixed Reality cam
- Fixed other misc rendering issues like transparent menus and hands.
- Updated OpenVR to 1.0.2. Now with 0.02 more ... openvr.
- Fixed hurt effect.
- World now dims when using Walkabout or sleeping.
- Hotbar wrist mode fixed. Hotbar works as expected in 'reverse hands' mode
- Fixed no textures in the nether
- Fixed portal effect drawing on your hand
- Fixed blue screen of hud-ness
- Fixed mining ceasing to function (I hope)
- Fixed Mixed Reality cam so it.. works.
- Can't jump, sneak, or rotate with a menu open.
- Menu's follow you if your player moves somehow with it open.
- Fixed boat steering, it works like any other mount now. If you want roomscale boat paddlin' let me know.
- Fixed lightmap and other rendering issues with hands.
- Fixed bucket-dipping
- Creeper ignite radius reduced from 3 to 1.75 blocks so roomscale fighting is viable. Singleplayer Only.
- Added logo to installer.
Big news this release:
- You can now use either hand to smash things. You can dual-wield swords, axes, whatever and use either hand to hit things in roomscale. Note that Minecraft has no concept of breaking more than one block at a time, so that is not supported. You can drum-solo the heck out of a single block to break it quickly now tho. Creative mode is absolute carnage. I am not responsible for broken controllers, lamps, monitors or pets.
- If you connect to a server not running a Vivecraft plugin (which is all of them right now) The client will use a /tp command for the arc teleporting. This should allow you to permit teleporting on a server by giving someone Op level 2 (or some other teleport permission depending on platform). You can turn off the message spam with /gamerule sendCommandFeedback false. I am hoping someone will step up and put out a server plugin for 1.10 soon.
- Fixed almost all the bugs reported on the issue tracker by you lovely people. please keep them coming!
- Put back using the left grip as shift button in menus
- Fixed up the click repeat speeds
- Fixed up not being able to click on some things. As with 1.7.10 please keep the game window in focus for maximal clicking efficacy.