An Excel/VBA project to communicate with various cryptocurrency exchanges APIs. Tested on Windows 10 & Excel 2016, but should work for Excel 2007+.
Get information from/send information to:
- Coinigy - not an exchange, but a service where you can access multiple exchanges for a fee
- Coinspot - seems to have back end issues 20171220
- GDAX - first setup, public api works. Private method doesn't work due to missing account validation by GDAX
- Bitfinex - untested, giving the same output as the PHP API, no account to test privateAPI yet
The API response is pure JSON, for which I included https://github.com/VBA-tools/VBA-JSON to process and a function to build on that. As this is my first Git experiment and Excel/VBA and git don't work that well together, my pushes/forks/updates might be clunky...
How to use?
Import the .bas files you need or simply take the sample Excel file. In the modules you'll find some examples how to use the code. Feel free to create an issue if things don't work for you.
- Expand the XLSM file with working examples
- Better testing
- Better error handling
- Later: place/cancel orders
- For historical prices, include https://www.cryptocompare.com/api/
- Build excel functions to get the information directly to a sheet - TEST PHASE
- Working examples of several exchanges in the example file
- Created a basic XLSM sample file
- ArrayToTable improvement to handle various data types (e.g. Trade and Margin trade) in one JSON response
- Post-process the Array to a more usable format (flat table)
- Process the response to something you can use in Excel: an array/Range etc.
- Build a function to transform the JSON to an Array
- Build tests for all modules/functions
- Integrate VBA-JSON into the project
- Build the Bittrex API connector
- Build the WEXnz API connector (used to be BTCe)
- Build the Poloniex API connector
- Build the Kraken API connector
- Build the Liqui API connector
- Build the Coinone API connector
- Build the Cryptopia API connector
- Build the Binance API connector
- Build the Coinigy API connector
- Build the Kucoin API connector
- Build the HitBTC API connector
- Build the Coinspot API connector - not finished
- Build the GDAX API connector - not finished
- Build the Bitfinex API connector - not finished
- Build a working and tested VBA hash function
- Added the UrlEncode function for Cryptopia (and Excel versions before 2016)
If this project/the Excel saves you a lot of programming time, consider sending me a coffee or a beer:
ETH (or ERC-20 tokens): 0x9070C5D93ADb58B8cc0b281051710CB67a40C72B