Join GitHub today
cppcheclipse is an Eclipse plugin, which can be installed over the update mechanism, provided by Eclipse. The plugin is platform independent but still needs a current cppcheck binary. You can get a binary (for Windows) or the source code for all other platforms at http://sourceforge.net/projects/cppcheck/.
- Java 1.7 or newer
- Eclipse 3.6 or newer with CDT
- cppcheck (1.56 or newer)
The easiest way to install is via Eclipse Marketplace which is integrated into Eclipse since 3.6 (Helios).
- Click on Help->Eclipse Marketplace...
- Enter "cppcheclipse" in the Find field and click on Go
- Click on the Install button beneath the entry for cppcheclipse.
Manually add Eclipse Update Site
- Click on Help->Install New Software...
- Add the new Update Site https://dl.bintray.com/cppcheclipse/p2/updates/
- Uncheck "Group items by category"
- Select cppcheclipse and click on "Next"
- Follow the installation wizard, until installation is complete
- Restart Eclipse
- Click on Preferences->C/C++->cppcheclipse to setup the path to the cppcheck binary on your computer
For more information on how to use this plugin have a look at Usage.
Cppcheclipse checks automatically for updates of cppcheck. This behaviour can be configured via the Eclipse Preferences->C/C++->cppcheclipse. To update cppcheclipse itself, go to Help->Check for Updates.