Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Report Bugs by Creating Issues
If you encounter a bug while testing or using KA Lite, we'd love it if you could report it to us! In GitHub, bugs can be reported through the "Issue" feature.
You can create a new issue by signing in to GitHub, visiting our issues page and clicking the green "New Issue" button. Below, we've explained how to create a really great bug report, which will help our team of open source developers get a fix in as quickly as possible!
Issue title: 1-sentence description of the issue or bug that you've found
- Branch: which branch you saw the issue on (if you aren't sure what a branch is, you're probably on the 'master' branch
- Expected Behavior: 1-2 sentence description of what you expected to happen
- Current Behavior: 1-2 sentence description of what actually happened
- Steps to reproduce: steps a developer can take to reproduce the bug
- Screenshot(s): please include screenshots of the bug and/or error screens, if possible
Example of a good issue
Issue title: Deleting a facility from the "overview" page shows a JSON page in the browser.
- Branch: develop
- Expected Behavior: When clicking the "delete" button on the facility, the facility would be deleted and the "overview" page would be reloaded.
- Current Behavior: The facility is deleted, but the "overview" page no longer shows--a JSON blob is shown (see screen shot below).
Steps to reproduce:
- Log in as the administrator.
- Create a new facility
- Click the "overview" navbar link.
- Next to the facility, click on the "delete" icon.
Example of a bad issue
Issue title: Deleting a facility doesn't work.
Issue Body: I clicked the delete link but I just saw JSON.
Can't create a GitHub account
If you aren't able to create a GitHub account, please feel free to email our dev team a bug report. Please format your report as instructed above, and email the report to support [at] learningequality.org and we will create the issue for you as long as it's correctly formatted!