Report Bugs by Creating Issues
Clone this wiki locally
If you encounter a bug while testing or using KA Lite, we'd love it if you could report it to us! In GitHub, bugs can be reported through the "Issue" feature.
You can create a new issue by signing in to GitHub, visiting our issues page and clicking the green "New Issue" button. Below, we've explained how to create a really great bug report, which will help our team of open source developers get a fix in as quickly as possible!
Issue title: 1-sentence description of the issue or bug that you've found
- Branch: which branch you saw the issue on (if you aren't sure what a branch is, you're probably on the 'master' branch
- Expected Behavior: 1-2 sentence description of what you expected to happen
- Current Behavior: 1-2 sentence description of what actually happened
- Steps to reproduce: steps a developer can take to reproduce the bug
- Screenshot(s): please include screenshots of the bug and/or error screens, if possible
Example of a good issue
Issue title: Deleting a facility from the "overview" page shows a JSON page in the browser.
- Branch: develop
- Expected Behavior: When clicking the "delete" button on the facility, the facility would be deleted and the "overview" page would be reloaded.
- Current Behavior: The facility is deleted, but the "overview" page no longer shows--a JSON blob is shown (see screen shot below).
Steps to reproduce:
- Log in as the administrator.
- Create a new facility
- Click the "overview" navbar link.
- Next to the facility, click on the "delete" icon.
Example of a bad issue
Issue title: Deleting a facility doesn't work.
Issue Body: I clicked the delete link but I just saw JSON.
Can't create a GitHub account
If you aren't able to create a GitHub account, please feel free to email our dev team a bug report. Please format your report as instructed above, and email the report to support [at] learningequality.org and we will create the issue for you as long as it's correctly formatted!