Releases · leela-zero/leela-zero
Leela Zero 0.17 + AutoGTP v18
- Implemented batching for GPUs, increasing speed.
- Added support for Tensor Cores on NVIDIA cards.
- Optimized Winograd code for CPU and GPU.
- Improved UCT formula.
- Improved root move selection by using Lower Confidence Bounds.
- Improved passing heuristics (disabled in self-play).
- Improved autotuner behavior in edge cases.
- The training code now supports mixed precision fp32/fp16 training.
- AutoGTP can now start from an arbitrary SGF position.
- AutoGTP can now play matches with different white/black parameters.
- AutoGTP can now send initial commands to the engine.
- AutoGTP now provides the full engine options in the SGF comments.
- AutoGTP now uses batching during self-play.
- GTP: Add support for
lz-genmove_analyzenow support an
lz-genmove_analyzenow support a
lz-genmove_analyzenow support a (post)
printsgfcan now save and load time control information.
lz-setoption name playoutsnow works correctly.
- Bugfix: in analysis mode, provide output even if we did not have to search.
- Bugfix: detect if the weights file is for the wrong board format.
- Bugfix: bail out if OpenCL doesn't find a GPU (instead of using OpenCL-on-CPU).
Leela Zero 0.16 + AutoGTP v17
- Added support for lz-analyze and lz-genmove_analyze GTP extensions.
They provide real time information about the search and can be used by GUIs.
- Added support for lz-setoption to change options without restarting.
Support setting max memory usage, visits, etc.
- Implemented Winograd F(4x4, 3x3) for CPU and GPU, speeding up large networks.
- Symmetrical positions in the opening are now recognized and sped up through mirroring/rotations.
- Storing coefficients in fp16 format is automatically enabled if it is faster.
- Support for fp16 compute. Large speedup on cards with fp16 compute support.
- Improved scaling of MCTS search with large number of threads.
- Added specific time management for self-play training games.
- Bugfixes to SGF parsing.
- Bugfixes to GTP compatibility.
- AutoGTP: support compressed weights, removing the need to ungzip.
- AutoGTP: use HTTPS.
- Validation: support arbitrary GTP commands for each binary.
- Training code now supports multi-GPU.
- Bundled OpenBLAS is updated with support for new CPUs.
- (Open)BLAS is no longer required for compiling.
Note 2018-11-01: ZIP packages have been re-uploaded with missing gzip added.
Leela Zero 0.15 + AutoGTP v16
This is a bugfix release for training game generation.
- Bugfix to Dirichlet noise being more uniform than intended (bug was introduced in v0.13).
- Tweaks to randomized move selection in training games to reduce needless blunders. Added extra options.
Leela Zero 0.14 + AutoGTP v16
- Support for converted ELF Open Go networks.
- Network files no longer need to be ungzipped.
- Improved time usage.
- Slowed down play, more consistent time usage from opening to middle game.
- By default no longer exits early in fixed playouts or in Japanese byo yomi.
- The engine will respond faster on large searches, tree cleanup happens in the background.
- Memory usage for large searches further reduced.
- Fix a bug in the locking implementation that could lead to data races.
- Default tuning is faster and will select faster kernels on most devices.
- Various other small fixes and improvements.
Leela Zero 0.13 + AutoGTP v15
- Added --benchmark option.
- Improved strength on long/deep searches, reduced memory usage.
- Improved time management logic.
- AutoGTP now cleans up old networks.
- Optimizations for CPU-only version, about 10% speedup.
- Bugfix: self-play games are now more diverse because "noise" moves are no longer pruned.
- Bugfix: pondering now respects playout/visit limits.
Leela Zero 0.12 + AutoGTP v14
- Optimized, fused Winograd transforms.
- Optimized final convolutions and OpenCL data transfer.
- Basic time management logic for non-self-play games.
- Stronger search due to improved FPU calculation.
- AutoGTP supports stop/resume (try q+Enter).
- Replace transposition table by network cache.
- Bugfixes to time management with tree reuse.
- Avoid some crashes on buggy OpenCL drivers.
- Avoid crashes when the user/GUI plays an illegal move.
Leela Zero 0.11 + AutoGTP v13
- Faster network evaluation with Winograd transforms.
- OpenCL code now automatically tunes to the hardware on first run.
- Search tree is reused between moves.
- Support for multiple GPU when playing games.
- Various AutoGTP fixes and enhancements.
Leela Zero 0.10.1 + AutoGTP v11
Leela Zero 0.10 + AutoGTP v11
- Speedups and bugfixes to the Leela Zero engine.
- GPU version now checks OpenCL implementation for correctness.
- CPU-only version for people without usable GPU.
- AutoGTP now fetches self-play or match tasks and parameters from the server.
- Updated OpenBLAS to 0.3.0-dev with support for newer CPUs.