Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
You're going to need:
- Linux or macOS — Windows may work, but is unsupported. For OSX, see installing_nokogiri prior to getting started
- Ruby, version 2.2.5 or newer
Bundler — If Ruby is already installed, but the
bundlecommand doesn't work, just run
gem install bundlerin a terminal.
Getting Set Up
- Fork this repository on Github.
- Clone your forked repository (not our original one) to your hard drive with
git clone https://github.com/YOURUSERNAME/slate.git
- Initialize and start Slate. You can either do this locally, or with Vagrant:
# either run this to run locally bundle install bundle exec middleman server # OR run this to run with vagrant vagrant up
You can now see the docs at http://localhost:4567. Whoa! That was fast!
The next step is to learn how to edit
source/index.md to change the content of your docs.