Hello! My name is Mike
I'm a Partner at Moonfire Ventures
Previously, I was:
- Machine Learning Architect - Workday
- Research Engineer - Mila
- Co-Founder & CTO - Kolide
- Software Engineer & Engineering Manager - Facebook
- Senior Software Engineer - Etsy
- Security Engineer - iSEC Partners & Gotham Digital Science
- I created and open-sourced osquery while working at Facebook in 2014.
- Osquery has since become a foundational tool in the information security and monitoring industries.
- Osquery is actively used by thousands of companies all over the world to detect and respond to security threats, data breaches, and other critical incidents.
- I’ve been using Kubernetes in production since 2016.
- I was a member of the Kubernetes core contributor team from 2018 until 2021 where I served on the Release Team for four releases as well as participated in several Working Groups and SIGs.
- I led my team at Kolide to build and operate what was one of the largest Kubernetes clusters in Google Cloud’s GKE at the time.