You can see a working version of the app at https://rpg.medicationforall.com/rpgchartmaker/
This is an application for rapidly creating Charts for Role Playing Games.
Can create Lists, Object Lists, and Roll Tables.
For all practical purposes it is a means for modeling string arrays and object arrays in JSON.
http web server. Apache, python, or IIS will work fine.
Python quick webserver
Requires python to be installed.
- Open a command prompt in the directory where you have rpgchartmaker downloaded.
- In the command prompt type the following:
python -m http.server
- Open a web browser and in the address bar go to http://localhost:8000
Optional: I wrote a servlet to enable storing and sharing charts from a server. The servlet is written in PHP uses MYSQL for the database. By default the servlet is turned off. Perform the following to enable:
- Modify config.json to change the share settings for the client.
- In chartStore.php modify the database connection
$mysqli = new mysqli('localhost','[db username]','[db password]','rpgChartStore');
- Install the MYSQL database by running mysql/rpgChartStore.sql
This Application uses:
- jQuery UI Touch Punch
- Berkshire Swash
All of the scripts are being called via cdn.
If you want to run this application offline you'll need to locally reference those libraries.
This application is Licensed under LGPL see the license directory.