Welcome to The Build a SAAS App with Flask Course!
A video course where we build a real world web application with Flask, Celery, Redis, PostgreSQL, Stripe and Docker.
Full details on the course can be found here:
cp .env.example .env cp docker-compose.override.example.yml docker-compose.override.yml docker-compose up --build
How does this source code differ than what's in the course?
In the course we build up a 4,000+ line Flask application in 15 stages while
I'm at your side explaining my thought process along the way. You will get to
see the source code grow from a single
app.py file to a large code base that
spans across dozens of files and folders.
This repo includes up to the 6th stage. By this point in the code base, you'll be introduced to concepts such as:
- Using Docker to "Dockerize" a multi-service Flask app
- Using Flask extensions
- Flask blueprints
- Jinja templates
- Working with forms
- Sending e-mails through Celery
- Creating Click based CLI scripts
- Testing and analyzing your code base
The rest of the course covers topics such as:
- A crash course on Docker and Docker Compose (including multi-stage builds)
- Going over the application's architecture and tech choices
- Creating a full blown user management system
- Creating a custom admin dashboard
- Logging, middleware and error handling
- Adding quality of life improvements to the CLI script
- Accepting recurring credit card payments with Stripe
- Building up a dice game called "Snake Eyes"
- Responding with JSON from Flask and creating AJAX requests
- Processing microtransaction payments with Stripe
- Dealing with database migrations
- Converting your app to support multiple languages (i18n)
By the time you finish the course, you'll have all the confidence you need to build a large web application with Flask.
There's over 180 video lessons, 19+ hours of content, coding exercises and an e-book that's included. You also get free updates for life as well as life time support. I've added 11+ hours of free updates over the years.
Also as a bonus, there's an additional 18 video lessons and 3 hours of content that covers building a separate RESTful API driven application that uses web sockets.
Everything you'd want to know about the course can be found here: