Monitor what threads are using connections from the DBCP pool, and waiting for connection. Generate a nice table to understand what is happening.
- Replace your application's
commons-dbcp-1.4.jarwith commons-dbcp-1.4-monitored.jar (rename it to pretend it is really the same JAR file)
- Run your application, making sure the output is directed to a log file
- When you want, generate a graph:
- Wait while
- Open the CSV files with any spreadsheet program (like LibreOffice) and use conditional formatting to end up with the table below. To create the graph below, create a
SUMcolumn for each CSV and use your spreadsheet program's graphing feature.
- Download the Commons DBCP 1.4 source code
- Uncompress it.
- Copy all files from the
patch-for-commons-dbcp-1.4-srcdirectory to into the uncompressed directory
- Run Ant
This product includes software developed by The Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/).