Google Search Console Bulk Url Removal Chrome Extension
- Attention: this extension has been updated to work with the new Google Search Console. - BUG: Upon visiting the Search Console's remove tab and submitting the csv file via - the green trash can, it's possible that nothing happens. If that's the case for you, - please refresh the page and resubmit your csv file.
Install from Google Webstore
- Install Java.
- Install leiningen.
git clone email@example.com:noitcudni/google-webmaster-tools-bulk-url-removal.gitor download the zip file from github and unzip it.
cdinto the project root directory.
- Run in the terminal
lein release && lein package
- Go to chrome://extensions/ and turn on Developer mode.
- Click on Load unpacked extension . . . and load the extension.
- Create a list of urls to be removed and store them in a file. See below for format.
- Go to Google's Search Console formerly known as Google's Webmaster Tools. (https://search.google.com/u/1/search-console)
- Click on Removals on the left panel.
- Open up the extension popup by clicking on the green trash can icon.
- Click on the "Submit CSV File" button to upload your csv file. It will start running automatically.
The extension uses chrome's local storage to keep track of state for each URL. You can use the Clear cache button to clear your local storage content to start anew.
You may run into the
quota exceeded error. Should you encounter this error, the extension will pause of the removal process and present to you a
continue button. Wait a considerable amount of time (I have no idea how long) and click on `continue** to pick up where it has left off.
I haven't run into this yet with the new google search console. Please open an issue should you encounter it and let me know how many URLs you've submitted to trigger this.
While the extension is at a paused state, you can also inspect what URLs are still pending to be removed. Right click anywhere on the page and select Inspect. Then, click on the View local storage button. The current local storage state will be printed out under the Console tab.
url (required), removal-method (optional:
clear-cached), url-type (optional:
removal-method is set to
url-type is set to
Bulk Outdated Content Removal
For removing outdated content in bulk. Please visit https://github.com/noitcudni/google-webmaster-tools-bulk-outdated-content-removal