Clone this wiki locally
Table of Contents
- Visual Overview
- Other OpenSource OpenPGP Implementation
- Other Related Projects
Secure key storage
Another potentially hard thing to keep secure. We should probably have a disclaimer about the fact that this is more or less a feature that's going to be nearly impossible to implement securely without hosing the JS on an SSL secured server. Would take a semi-skilled attacker to really get through either of these, but it wouldn't be unheard of.
This is already mostly done by myself (fitblip), I've figured out a good way of parsing out keys and text, as well as lots of error checking and whatnot. I also have all the algorithms to verify signatures for V4 keys finished, but can eventually expand them to V3 if we decide it's needed.
As of right now, I only have SHA256 working properly, but that's just a matter of replacing my hash call with the proper one in the preferred hashing algo/enclosed hashing algo.
My code works for verification, but there are a number of places which I'd like to clean it up and make it run faster & smoother.
- URL: http://www.hanewin.net/encrypt/
- Goal: Zimbra plugin
- URL: https://github.com/barrydegraaff/pgp-zimlet
- Goal: Core library
- URL: https://github.com/mete0r/openpgp-js
- Goal: Chrome Browser Extension
- URL: http://gpg4browsers.recurity.com/
- URL: http://qooxdoo.org/contrib/project/crypto
- Goal: Core Library + Mobile Phone GUI
- URL: https://github.com/GPGTools/Mobile/wiki/Introduction
- GnuPG (C, most complete OpenPGP implementation)
- Crypt-OpenPGP (Perl, most complete OpenPGP implementation besides GPG)
- php-gpg (Pure PHP implementation of PGP encryption)
- cr-gpg: A chrome plugin that enables gpg encryption and decryption for the gmail web interface
- firebreath: FireBreath aims to be a cross-platform plugin architecture, targeting browsers that support NPAPI and Internet Explorer on Windows, Mac and Linux.
- FirePG: FireGPG is a Firefox extension that provides an integrated interface to apply GnuPG operations to the text of any web page, including encryption, decryption, signing, and signature verification.
- CryptoStick: A secure USB private key storage.