This repository consists of:
- The web site, including user accounts, diary entries, user-to-user messaging
- The XML-based editing API
- The integrated versions of the Potlatch, Potlatch 2 and iD editors
- The Browse pages - a web front-end to the OpenStreetMap data
- The GPX uploads, browsing and API.
A fully-functional Rails Port installation depends on other services, including map tile servers and geocoding services, that are provided by other software. The default installation uses publically-available services to help with development and testing.
The Rails Port is a Ruby on Rails application that uses PostgreSQL as its database, and has a large number of dependencies for installation. For full details please see INSTALL.md
We're always keen to have more developers! Pull requests are very welcome.
- Bugs are recorded in the issue tracker.
- Some bug reports are also found on the OpenStreetMap trac system, in the "website" and "api" components
- Translation is managed by Translatewiki
- There is a firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list for development discussion.
- IRC - there is the #osm-dev channel on irc.oftc.net.
- There are also weekly meetings of the OpenStreetMap Foundation Engineering Working Group (EWG) on Mondays at 1700 UTC on the #osm-ewg channel.
More details on contributing to the code are in the CONTRIBUTING.md file.