This project contains the basic files and folder setup needed for a TFTP PXELINUX server.
It currently has support for network (PXE) installing:
- Centos 6.x
- Centos 7.0
- Fedora 24
- Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial)
To use it, you need to
- Set up a TFTP server. If you are using a Mac you could use this one - http://ww2.unime.it/flr/tftpserver/
- Checkout this project code on the TFTP server, and ensure the tftp root points at this project folder.
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:paulmaunders/TFTP-PXE-Boot-Server.git
- Setup your DHCP to point at the TFTP server (using DHCP option 66 "next-server" if located on a different IP to the DHCP server)
- Setup your DHCP to offer the PXELINUX.0 as the boot filename (DHCP option 67).
- Edit the pxelinux.cfg/default file to add in your PXE boot options. I've included an example one for CentOS
If you have a Synology NAS then you can follow these instructions to set up a working PXE boot system: