This repo primarily serves to host the pages for InnerSource Commons. The master branch holds the source and the gh-pages branch holds the Jekyll rendered output.
TODO: Add contributing guidelines.
- Ensure that img tags have alt attributes populated (for accessibility)
- The main page's left hand side sidebar is edited at _includes/_sidebar.html
- The navigational links at the top of the pages are at _data/_navigation.yml
- Event pages are under events; other main pages are under pages
git command line tips
- Do this once when you've checked out your fork of the main ISC repo: git remote add upstream https://github.com/paypal/InnerSourceCommons.git
- Do this to rebase the fork with the main ISC repo:
- git fetch upstream
- git checkout master
- git rebase upstream/master
- Make your changes and test/check them
- Push them to your fork
- git add <files>l;
- git commit -m "comment" <files>l;
- git push origin master
- At this point, I usually go to the github web page for my fork to create the PR
- Install ruby
- Install bundler gem
- Run 'bundle install'
- Run 'jekyll build -s <master branch location> -d <gh-pages location>'
- Note that most of the local links refer to /InnerSourceCommons, so you probably want to direct the gh-pages location to a directory that ends in /InnerSourceCommons
- Copy README.md from <master branch location> to <gh-pages location>