The Pencil Code
In order to checkout the code with Subversion, use the command
svn checkout https://github.com/pencil-code/pencil-code/trunk pencil-code --username <github-username>
<github-username> is your GitHub username.
To get started, run one of the samples:
unix> cd pencil-code unix> source sourceme.csh [or . sourceme.sh] unix> cd samples/conv-slab unix> mkdir data
To set up the symbolic links and compile the code:
unix> pc_setupsrc unix> pc_build [ -f /path/to/config/file.conf ]
To create the initial condition and run the code:
unix> pc_start [ -f /path/to/config/file.conf ] unix> pc_run [ -f /path/to/config/file.conf ]
pencil-code/config/hosts/*/*.conf for sample config files. For more
details, see the manual in the
doc/ directory (also available
If you are using bash and you do not want to "source sourceme.sh" on each session, you can insert the following into your .bashrc and/or .bash_profile:
export PENCIL_HOME=$HOME/pencil-code [or wherever you have the code] _sourceme_quiet=1; . $PENCIL_HOME/sourceme.sh; unset _sourceme_quiet
If you are using csh insert the following into your .cshrc:
setenv PENCIL_HOME $HOME/pencil-code [or wherever you have the code] source $PENCIL_HOME/sourceme.csh
- The manual is the main source of information.
- There is also a quick start to help getting started.
- Information about PythonCodingStyle and the PythonCodingStyle can be found on the wiki.
- Updates to the community are provided through the newsletter.
List of Contributors
- Around 100 people have contributed to various extent during the nearly 20 years of Pencil Code history.
- The current list of contributors shows the temporal check-in activity of the those who stayed connected with the code over the various host changes (Nordita 2001-2007, Google Code 2007-2015, and Github since 2015). Some additional contributors are also listed in the manual.
How to contribute to the Pencil Code
For all changes to the code, make sure the auto-test still runs
If you have only read access: fork this repository and use pull requests to contribute.
Code of Conduct
- The Pencil Code community adheres to the Contributor Covenant Code of Conduct. Please familiarize yourself with its details.
- The Pencil Code is under the GNU public license agreement.