Robotics Toolbox for Python
This is an old first attempt at creating an open Python version of the venerable Robotics Toolbox for MATLAB.
The MATLAB toolbox has support for:
- vehicle kinematic models and controllers
- path planners (distance xform, D*, PRM, lattice, RRT)
- dead-reckoning, localization, mapping, SLAM
robot manipulator arms
- kinematics forward and inverse
- rigid-body dynamics
common datastructures for
- SO2/SE2 planar rotations and rigid-body motion
- SO3/SE3 3D and rigid-body motion
- twists, Plucker lines
With matplotlib, scipy, numpy and jupyter it should be possible to create a very effective open robotics environment.