Compiles GraphQL schema into PHP executables for use throughout Pho stack.
Please note, this repository uses submodules, for unit tests. The recommended way to install pho-compiler is through composer.
git clone https://github.com/phonetworks/pho-compiler git submodule init git submodule update composer install
A Pho-compatible GraphQL schema (also called a "PhoGQL" file) is advised to end with the following file extension: .pgql
- PhoGQL is built on top of GraphQL. For more information on GraphQL specs, please visit http://facebook.github.io/graphql/.
- A PhoGQL file may include multiple entity definitions. However, it is advised to use (a) a single definition per file or (b) only a single semantically linked group of node and edge definitions per file.
- PhoGQL files must start with a version declaration. For version 1, the one and only version supported so far, it is
- This declaration must be at the very top of the file and must not be preceded by any other word or character.
- The following regular expression pattern is used to match the version:
/^#( )*pho\-graphql\-v1(\r\n|\r|\n| )+/i
- All future versions and their patterns will be placed in the file Types.php
- A PhoGQL definition must implement one of ActorNode, GraphNode, ObjectNode or ReadEdge, SubscribeEdge, TransmitEdge, WriteEdge entities. For more information on these entities, check out pho-framework.
- While GraphQL allows multiple inheritance, the Pho compiler will evaluate only the first interface declared in each definition.
- Directives are case-insensitive. Similarly arguments are case-insensitive too.
- Start by defining the Actor edge
- Outgoing edges are important.
- Make sure all outgoing edges are done.