phpCollab is a project management and collaboration system. Features include: team/client sites, task assignment, document repository/workflow, gantt charts, discussions, calendar, notifications, support requests, weblog newsdesk, invoicing, and many other tools.
- phpCollab is a project management system. It is comprised of two interfaces:
- User, which includes admin, employees, co-workers, etc.
- A central login handles everything.
- If a client logs in, then the client is directed to the client interface.
- If a team user logs in, then they are directed to the user interface.
- Within each project you have the following features:
- Project Overview
- Phases (optional)
- Tasks & Sub tasks
- Team Members
- Linked Content (uploaded files)
- In addition, you also have a few global features such as:
- One very useful feature is the Home page. This page pulls up all the relevant items for that individual user in one place. This is also the first page that a user sees when logging into the system. So, a user can easily determine what tasks are due, or what projects they are involved in.
- Having a unique interface for your clients to use allows your clients to interact with the project team members.
- Please note that you must publish any of the items mentioned in order for a client to be able to see it.
- At all times you maintain full control of the project.
- When a client first logs into phpCollab they are presented with a Home page that shows all projects that have been created for them. Once a client selects a project they will have the following options:
- Project Team - a list of users assigned to the project.
- Team Tasks - all the tasks assigned to the project team
- Client Tasks - all the tasks assigned to the client
- Document List - a list of all the documents uploaded in Linked Content
- Bulletin Board - interfaces with the Discussion section found in the user interface
- Support - can submit a task as a support request to the project team
- By default, a client will not be able to view anything.
- Throughout a project you have the option of publishing items, such as tasks, linked content, team members, etc. Once published, your clients will be able to view the item.
- You also have the option of un-publishing items as well.
What it does NOT do
- phpCollab is a fantastic program that can give you the tools necessary to manage all of your tasks and projects. However, there is one misconception.
- phpCollab does not publish your web site. phpCollab manages your projects, not your web site.
To build the project locally, please follow this guide.
Download the latest release and refer to the docs/install.md file
Note: Do NOT clone or download the phpCollab codebase directly. That is ONLY required if you wish to contribute to the development of the project.
Cross-browser Testing Platform and Open Source <3 Provided by Sauce Labs and