A curated list of awesome Prometheus resources, projects and tools.
Prometheus is an open-source systems monitoring and alerting toolkit.
- Official resources
- Podcasts and interviews
- Blog posts and opinions
- Website - Official Prometheus project website.
- GitHub repository - Prometheus' source code, issues discussion and collaboration.
- Documentation - Official Prometheus documentation.
- Blog - Official Prometheus blog.
- How To Install Prometheus using Docker on CentOS 7 - Walkthough on how to install Prometheus on CentOS 7.
- How to Use Prometheus to Monitor Your CentOS 7 Server - Walkthough on how to monitor a CentOS 7 server using Prometheus.
- How To Install Prometheus using Docker on Ubuntu 14.04 - Walkthough on how to install Prometheus on Ubuntu 14.04.
- How To Use Prometheus to Monitor Your Ubuntu 14.04 Server - Walkthough on how to monitor a Ubuntu 14.04 server using Prometheus.
- How To Query Prometheus on Ubuntu 14.04 Part 1 - Part 1 of 2 in the series How To Query Prometheus on Ubuntu 14.04.
- How To Query Prometheus on Ubuntu 14.04 Part 2 - Part 2 in the series How To Query Prometheus on Ubuntu 14.04.
- How To Add a Prometheus Dashboard to Grafana - Walkthrough on how to add a Prometheus dashboard to Grafana.
- Instructions and example code for a Prometheus workshop - Instructions and example code for a Prometheus workshop by Julius Volz.
- Checking if SSH is responding with Prometheus - Walkthrough on how to use the Blackbox Exporter to check if SSH is responding by Brian Brazil.
- Monitor your GitHub Repos with Docker and Prometheus - Monitor your GitHub Repos with Docker and Prometheus.
- Docker daemon metrics in Prometheus - Docker daemon metrics in Prometheus by Luc Juggery.
- Prometheus Monitoring Tutorial (10 minutes) - Simple tutorial to create a Prometheus monitoring stack with Grafana, AlertManager, and PagerTree by Austin Miller.
- PromCon 2016 - PromCon Berlin - August 25-26, 2016 - talk recordings from PromCon 2016 in Berlin.
- Prometheus Monitoring for Java Developers - Devoxx Belgium - November 8, 2016 - Fabian Stäber.
- Prometheus: A Next Generation Monitoring System - FOSDEM 2016 - January 31, 2016 - Brian Brazil.
- PromCon 2016: So You Want to Write an Exporter - PromCon 2016 - So You Want to Write an Exporter - Brian Brazil
- PromCon 2017 - PromCon Munich - August 17-18, 2017 at Google Munich - talk recordings.
- Infrastructure and application monitoring using Prometheus - Devoxx - May 17, 2017 at Devoxx UK - Marco Pas.
- Prometheus Monitoring for Java Web Applications w o Modifying Source Code - Devoxx Belgium - November 7, 2017 - Fabian Stäber.
- Prometheus: Design and Philosophy - why it is the way it is - Docker - October 14, 2016 - Julius Volz.
Podcasts and interviews
- Prometheus on FLOSS Weekly 357 - Julius Volz on the FLOSS Weekly TWiT.tv show.
- Prometheus and Service Monitoring - Julius Volz on the Changelog podcast.
- Prometheus Monitoring with Brian Brazil - Brian Brazil on the Software Engineering Daily podcast.
- Prometheus Overview - The Promethean ideal of monitoring by Brian Brazil.
- System Monitoring with Prometheus - Brian Brazil at Devops Ireland Meetup, Dublin.
- OMG! Prometheus - Benjamin Staffin, Fitbit Site Operations, explains the case for Prometheus to his team.
- Deploying Prometheus - Filippo Giunchedi, WikiMedia Foundation at FOSDEM 2017.
Blog posts and opinions
- Prometheus: Monitoring at SoundCloud - Overview of Prometheus and first hand experience from Soundcloud.
- Prometheus: A Next-Generation Monitoring System - First hand experiences using Prometheus from Boxever Tech.
- Monitor Docker Containers with Prometheus - Using Prometheus to monitor Docker containers.
- Prometheus and Kubernetes: A Perfect Match - Part 1 of 3 in the series Prometheus and Kubernetes.
- Prometheus and Kubernetes: Deploying - Part 2 of 3 in the series Prometheus and Kubernetes.
- Prometheus and Kubernetes: Monitoring Your Applications - Part 3 in the series Prometheus and Kubernetes.
- Robust Perception - Multiple blogposts about Prometheus by Brian Bazil.
- Initial experiences with the Prometheus monitoring system - Initial experiences with the Prometheus by Grig Gheorghiu.
- Solving Monitoring in the Cloud With Prometheus - Interview with Brian Bazil by Linux.com.
- Monitor your applications with Prometheus - Monitor your applications with Prometheus by Alex Ellis.
- Practical Services Monitoring with Prometheus and Docker - Practical services monitoring with Prometheus and Docker by Simon KP.
- Prometheus Blog Series (Part 1): Metrics and Labels - Part 1 in the series Prometheus Blog Series by Pierre Vincent.
- Prometheus Blog Series (Part 2): Metric types - Part 2 in the series Prometheus Blog Series by Pierre Vincent.
- Prometheus Blog Series (Part 3): Exposing and collecting metrics - Part 3 in the series Prometheus Blog Series by Pierre Vincent.
- Prometheus Blog Series (Part 4): Instrumenting code in Go and Java - Part 4 in the series Prometheus Blog Series by Pierre Vincent.
- Grafana - Grafana is an open source metric analytics & visualization suite tutorial by Prometheus.
- Prometheus Monitoring with Grafana - Prometheus Monitoring with Grafana tutorial by logz.io.
- Blackbox exporter - The Blackbox exporter allows blackbox probing of endpoints over HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, TCP and ICMP (official exporter).
- HAProxy exporter - The HAProxy exporter periodically scrapes HAProxy stats (official exporter).
- Memcached exporter - The Memcached exporter periodically scrapes Memcached stats (official exporter).
- MySQL Server exporter - The MySQL server exporter periodically scrapes MySQL stats (official exporter).
- Node exporter - The Node exporter periodically scrapes system stats (official exporter).
- Redis exporter - The Redis exporter periodically scrapes Redis server stats.
- Multi-prometheus proxy - forwards incoming requests to one of a set of multiple prometheus instances deployed as HA duplicates of each other using a selector strategy.
- Prometheus Monitoring subreddit - Subreddit collecting all Prometheus-related resources on the internet.
- PromCon - The Prometheus conference.
- Prometheus demo site - Prometheus site managed with ansible running every day using playbook from cloudalchemy repository.
To the extent possible under law, Roald has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.