Shadowsocks for OSX Help
Clone this wiki locally
Shadowsocks GUI designed for OS X 10.8+, automatically configuring system proxy settings, with a GFWList PAC.
- Open dmg file and move ShadowsocksX to Applications. Open it.
- If any security prompt come out, please select Allow.
- Shadowsocks will automatically configure the global system proxy settings.
- Close any other proxy or VPN program. If you are using SwitchySharp, please set its mode to Use System Proxy Settings.
- You can find Shadowsocks icon on the right side of the menu bar.
- If you'd rather use SwitchySharp than a global PAC proxy, you can turn global proxy off in the menu bar icon. Shadowsocks will still be running at
- You can use your own server instead of the public server. The server preferences are also in the menu bar icon.
- You may need to restart Chrome after you choose another server.
- You can check the logs in the Console.app. Logs beginning with
ShadowsocksX:are the logs of Shadowsocks.