Unpoly enables fast and flexible frontends with minimal changes to your server-side code.
If you're looking for the code of Unpoly 0.x or 1.0, use the
CHANGELOG.mdfor notable changes.
README_RAILS.mddocumentation of the Rails bindings.
- This currently requires Ruby
- There's a Rails app in
- Jasmine tests for Unpoly live in
- RSpec tests for the
unpoly-railsgem live in
Install dependencies for tests:
- Install Ruby 2.3.8
- Install Bundler by running
gem install bundler
- Install dependencies by running
To run Jasmine tests for Unpoly:
- Start the Rails server by running
http://localhost:3000/specsto see the Jasmine test runner
To run RSpec tests for the
Making a new release
We are currently feeding four release channels:
- Manual download from GitHub
- Bower (which is based on Git and version tags)
- Rubygems (as the
We always release to all channel simultaneously.
To prepare a new version:
lib/unpoly/rails/version.rband bump the version number. Use semantic versioning.
- Add an entry to
- Commit and push the version bump and
- Log into Rubygems and npm
Now you can call
rake release:all to publish to Rubygems and npm.
After you have published all release channels, remember to:
- Update unpoly.com so users see the new version, CDN link and CHANGELOG.
- Send a message to the E-mail group with the title "Unpoly X.Y.Z released". You can copy the relevant CHANGELOG part from here.