Combining the best of both worlds, VersionPress is a user-friendly versioning solution for WordPress powered by Git. You can:
- See history of your site
- Undo anything, incl. database changes
- Roll back to previous states
- Create safe staging environments:
wp vp clone --name=staging
- Merge databases:
wp vp pull --from=staging
- Push to GitHub or implement any workflow you like
VersionPress is young
To use VersionPress:
- Make sure you understand the Developer Preview project status.
- Download the latest version from GitHub releases.
- Install to your WordPress site.
- Read the quick start tutorial and part 2 on staging.
To develop VersionPress:
- Set up your development environment as per Dev-Setup.md.
- Send pull requests.
See CONTRIBUTING.md for more.
Please see CONTRIBUTING.md, thank you!