Virtual Machine Manager
virt-manager is a graphical tool for managing virtual machines
via libvirt. Most usage is with QEMU/KVM
virtual machines, but Xen and libvirt LXC containers are well
supported. Common operations for any libvirt driver should work.
Several command line tools are also provided:
virt-install: Create new libvirt virtual machines
virt-clone: Duplicate existing libvirt virtual machines
virt-xml: Edit existing libvirt virtual machines/manipulate libvirt XML
For dependency info and installation instructions, see the INSTALL.md file. If you just want to quickly test the code from a git checkout, you can launch any of the commands like:
./virt-manager --debug ...
- All comments / suggestions / patches should be directed to the virt-tools-list mailing list.
- For IRC we use #virt on OFTC.
- For bug reporting info, see virt-manager bug reporting.
- There are further project details on the virt-manager website.
- See the CONTRIBUTING.md file for info about submitting patches or contributing translations.