Simplify Bootstrap Theme
A simple, clean, contentful Bootstrap 4 theme for Pelican blogger.
You can use this theme to host programming articles, journals, or galeries.
Visit the live blog of the theme creator's blog: https://vuquangtrong.github.io/simplify-theme to see theme in action, which is also has some articles about theme's documents.
Source code is at simplify-theme
- Responsive layout for mobile and desktop (Bootstrap)
- Quick Search (Tipue Search and/or Google Search)
- OpenGraph (Facebook) and Twitter support
- SEO with contentful metadata, ready for search indexing
- Table of Content sidebar with highlight
- Back to Top floating button in long article
- Related posts, next/previous articles
- Collapsible lists in tags and categories
- Social Sharing (AddThis or direct links)
- Comments on articles (Diqus)
- Rich Snippets (metadata, json-ld, sitemap, robots.txt)
Starting with version 4.5, Pelican moved to a new plugin structure utilizing namespace packages that can be easily installed via Pip. Plugins supporting this structure will install under the namespace package pelican.plugins and can be automatically discovered by Pelican. To see a list of Pip-installed namespace plugins that are active in your environment, run:
The list of necessary plugins is now in the
requirements.txt file, and enabled in
PLUGINS variable in
- AddThis: add sharing buttons
- Disqus: add comments support
- Google AdSense: show ads
- Google Analytics: track your site
- Google Tag Manager: new version to track your site
- Matomo: formerly Piwik Analytics: another site tracking service
- sitemap: generate sitemap document, see https://www.sitemaps.org
- post_stats: generate post statistics: words, estimated read time, tag cloud
- related_posts: find relate posts to the reading article
- neighbors: find next/preivious article
- share_post: share article via static buttons if don't use AddThis
By default Pelican enables below extensions to process your markdown files:
Simplify theme has some style configs to work with extra extenstions to render your page better:
The theme also bring to you a clean, simple, but contenful layout.
This Simplify Article will guide you how to write content in markdown and how it will be rendered on your page.
How to contribute
Developing Simplify is my effort in some weekends. You are invited to help develop it further.
Feel free to fork the repository, and submit pull requests.
If you find any issues, or have a suggestion, then please open an issue.
Simplify is released under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license.
All contributors will be listed in Authors page. It maybe imcomplete but it is to honor in all they did.
I would like you to have some words to refer to authors work in your page's footer. Thank you in advanced!