Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 31 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
What is Wekan
Anyone can already do this, no need to be a maintainer
- Answer Github issues
- Keep any Wekan wikis up-to-date
Wekan welcomes new co-maintainers
Requirements for maintainers
When you contributions on Wekan Team page starts growing, one of Wekan maintainers may ask if you'd like to become co-maintainer.
Responsibilities of maintainer
- Check that pull requests work. Merge pull requests.
- Make new releases for Wekan.
- Ask other maintainers for more documentation how to maintain something.
- Keep documentation on wikis up-to-date.
Maintainers do need to also remember
- Do not try to rewrite whole project. That takes too much time and resources. We prefer small incremental improvements.
- Do maintaining on your free time. There is no need to be always available. You are free to have pauses from maintaining for any length of time. Telling to other maintainers about long pauses is recommended but anyway optional.
- Also take care of yourself and your personal life. Remember to take enough rest.