Useful resources for Silverstripe Framework and CMS
Silverstripe CMS is an open source PHP framework for building web applications. It is a rapid development MVC framework that serves as a classic fully fledged CMS or as a headless CMS, which can be queried either via GraphQL or a custom API. Following the "Active Record" design pattern, you can easily extend the built-in functionality with a project specific data model.
Contributions welcome, please send a pull request or open an issue to start a discussion.
Outdated items can be found in the archive.
- Official Websites
- Video Channels
- Very Useful Modules
- www.silverstripe.org - Framework and CMS.
- www.silverstripe.com - Silverstripe Ltd., the company behind the CMS.
- SSPak - Tool for managing bundles of db/assets from Silverstripe environments.
- SSPy - Python version of SSPak, that can handle larger assets. SSPak supports up to 2GB, SSPy has no limit. It is however, less easy to install and set-up.
- VSCode Silverstripe - Syntax highlighting for Silverstripe template files in VSCode.
- Jetbrains / PHPStorm Silverstripe Template Language Support - Syntax highlighting for Silverstripe template files in PHPStorm.
- PHPStorm / Webstorm Live Templates - Shortcuts for adding varous Silverstripe specific code snippets.
- API Docs - Autogenerated API documentation.
- Technical Documentation - For developers. Explains all core concepts.
- Using the CMS - Documentation for end users how to use the core features.
- TinyMCE Configuration Examples For SS3
- Silverstripe Lessons - Learn how to build a Silverstripe site step by step with a real-world project.
- Official Silverstripe Blog - Contributions welcome!
- SilverStrip.es - Useful findings of Silverstripe developers. Contributions welcome!
- Official StripeCon YouTube Channel - Talks of various Silverstripe conferences.
- Official Silverstripe Vimeo Channel - Various videos from meetups and conferences.
- Stack Overflow - Silverstripe related questions on Stack Overflow.
- Silverstripe User Slack - Community slack channel for instant help or hanging around with other developers.
- Forum - Official forum for asking questions or discussing.
Conferences & Meetups
- European Silverstripe Conference - Every year in another country.
- Meetups - A list of Silverstripe related Meetups.
Very Useful Modules
- SS Addons: Themes and Modules - The official module registry.
- SSMods: Detailed Module Search - Alternative module search.
- Most Used Modules - Shows which modules are downloaded most.
Silverstripe 4 Recipes
- Multiuser editing alert - Alerts users in the Silverstripe CMS when multiple people are editing the same page.
- Fluent - Multi-language translate module for Silverstripe, without having to manage separate site trees.
- Autotranslate - Creates automatic translations of fields using Google Translate API.
- Silverstripe Searchable - Adds more complex site searching using the Silverstripe ORM. With dedicated templates for search results across multiple search objects.
- Searchable DataObjects - Fast and simple MySQL based search. Useful for single language sites.
- Fulltext Search - Full fledged search interface for Solr4.
- Fulltext Search Local Solr - Easy to install Solr4 instance for local development.
Newer Solr versions
- Solr search - Full fledged search interface for Solr search, supporting up to the latest Solr version. It has submodules for e.g. transitioning from the "Fulltext Search" module mentioned above, as well as subsite, fluent and others.
- Debugbar - Shows debugging statistics in your browser.
- IdeAnnotator - Auto-generates class annotations on dev/build.
- Populate - Populate your database through YAML files.
- Mock DataObjects - Allows DataObjects to self-populate intelligently with fake data.
- Version Truncator - Automatically delete old SiteTree page versions.
- UserSwitcher - Adds a small form both in the frontend and backend to quickly login as any user.
- Masquerade - Allows an Administrator to "login" as another "Member". This can be useful for debugging and remote support.
Fancy Form Fields
- Markdown Field - Can replace your HTMLEditorFields (using TinyMCE) so you can utilise Markdown syntax.
- Code Editor Field - Gives you a syntax-highlighted text area field - great for CMS-based YAML or HTML.
There is no official box like Laravel has its homestead box. However, there are a few good boxes out there for Vagrant you could use:
- Twisted Bytes - Useful vagrant box with multiple PHP versions, MariaDB or PostgreSQL, mail catcher and much more.
- Twisted Bytes Box Templates - Useful templates for different development scenarios using the Twisted Bytes vagrant box.
- Laravel Homestead - Prepackaged box for local development.
- Scotchbox - Popular LAMP/LEMP stack for local development.
- Zauberfisch Vagrant Boxes - Preconfigured Vagrant boxes for SS3 and SS4.