wilson – running and matching beyond the Standard Model
wilson is a Python package for the running and matching of Wilson coefficients of higher-dimensional operators beyond the Standard Model of particle physics. It implements the one-loop running of all dimension-6 operators in the Standard Model Effective Theory (SMEFT), complete tree-level matching onto the weak effective theory (WET) at the electroweak scale, and complete one-loop running of all dimension-6 WET operators in QCD and QED. It uses the Wilson coefficient exchange format (WCxf) for representing Wilson coefficient values and can be easily interfaced with all codes supporting this standard.
The package requires Python version 3.5 or above. It can be installed with
python3 -m pip install wilson
A brief user manual can be found in the paper cited below. More information can be found on the project web site.
"Wilson: a Python package for the running and matching of Wilson coefficients above and below the electroweak scale"
J. Aebischer, J. Kumar and D. M. Straub
- The SMEFT RGEs are based on arXiv:1308.2627, arXiv:1310.4838, and arXiv:1312.2014.
- The SMEFT RGE implementation was ported from the DSixTools Mathematica package (arXiv:1704.04504).
- The SMEFT to WET matching is based on arXiv:1709.04486.
- The QCD and QED running is based on arXiv:1704.06639 and arXiv:1711.05270.
- The running and matching of the strong coupling constant and the quark masses is performed using CRunDec3 (arXiv:1703.03751).
Bugs and feature requests
Please submit bugs and feature requests using Github's issue system.
In alphabetical order:
- Jason Aebischer
- Danny van Dyk
- Jacky Kumar
- Xuanyou Pan
- Matthias Schöffel
- Peter Stangl
- David M. Straub
- Jean-Loup Tastet
wilson is released under the MIT license.