Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- A quick patch to fix an error some people encountered when launching the beta (#558)
- Also introduces dark mode support for native components (#478)
Improvements introduced in our last release:
- Setting and editing the dimensions and aspect ratio of the cropper is greatly improved (#528)
- Previewing in fullscreen now behaves much nicer and more predictable (#540, #542)
- Plugins are available for use in the Editor immediately after installing (#516)
- Turning off audio in the Editor is now accurately reflected in the exported file
- Which leads us to our final Editor improvement; Kap remembers your last used export method, making exporting far quicker (#238)
We're ramping up for our 3.0 release, this Kap Beta introduces a complete rewrite in Next.js and a completely new approach to recording and sharing. Here are some of the new features you can try:
- You can now work with multiple Kaptures at once! (#263)
- Drop an existing video file on the Kap icon to open it, allowing you to trim and convert it to the format of your choice (#244)
- When Editing your Kapture, you can right click in the Preview to grab a Snapshot of the current frame (#462)
- Configure Plugins that require it visually within Kap (#286)
As usual there are of course also a whole host of bug fixes and performance improvements.
- Fixed dimension swapping.
- Fixed moving the fullscreen cropper.
undefinederror in the FPS input in the editor.
- Kap now only tries to fetch plugins from the public npm registry. Previously, if you had a
.npmrcfile in your home directory with an alternative registry, it would use that.
- Kap now includes the app name in the update notification so you can more clearly see what app the notification is from.
This update is largely a maintenance release consisting of a number of bug fixes and improvements – that being said there's some pretty nifty new stuff thanks to our contributors:
- There's now an option to turn off the global record shortcut. It's useful for people that had it conflict with other apps. This is a temporary solution until we add ability to specify custom keyboard shortcuts.
- Kap now activates the system "Do Not Disturb" feature while recording. If you don't want this, you can turn it off in the Preferences window.
- A new experimental option to hide desktop icons while recording. This can be useful if your desktop is messy or if you have sensitive files there.
Our biggest release yet! Thank you to everyone who contributed and beta tested, you've helped shape the best version of Kap:
- APNG support
- Fullscreen recording
- Window recording
- Aspect ratio calculator
- Touch Bar support
- Improved persistent settings
- Hide main window on system startup
- Missing audio in certain recordings
- Recording errors in macOS Sierra
- Highlight clicks will now not be highlighted when turned off
- Kap should no longer show up in recordings (but will be missed)
- Better error handling
- Scrubbing preview playback
- Animated menubar icon
- Cancel exports
Kap now requires macOS 10.12 or later.
All changes: v1.0.1...v2.0.0