Xbox 360 Controller Emulator 4.x Alpha - Beta Testing
This is ALPHA release. Some things will not work and this release is intended to test games with Virtual X360 controller only.
There is no need to place x360ce.exe inside the game folder. You can keep single copy of executable at one place (for example: C:\Program Files\x360ce\x360ce.exe), because same virtual "Xbox 360 Controller" will be visible for all games in Windows.
Do not close "Xbox 360 Controller Emulator" during the game, just minimize it in order to reduce CPU use.
Make sure your game is set to use XInput Devices. For example, in "Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands" you have to set OPTIONS -> CONTROLLER -> ENABLE CONTROLLER: ONLY GAMEPADS
Install and Use Instructions
- Download latest Xbox 360 Controller Emulator (same file for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows) from:
- Extract ZIP file and launch x360ce.exe file.
Enabling Virtual Drivers:
- [Issues] tab will start blinking it Virtual Drivers are missing.
- Press [Issues] tab and hit [Install] button to install Virtual Controller Drivers.
Mapping DirectInput Device:
- Connect your DirectInput Device to PC
- Select [Controller 1] tab and press [Add..] button.
- Select controller you want to map and press [OK] button.
- Click "[x] Enable 1 Mapped Device" checkbox inside [Controller 1] tab.
Map buttons and axis by clicking on dropdowns, selecting [Record] and pressing on button or moving axis. 10 Hit [Save] button (at top right corner of application) when done.
Minimize "Xbox 360 Controller Emulator" in order to reduce CPU use. Note: Grey controller icon will be visible in tray.
Launch the game and see how it works.
How to Uninstall Virtual Driver: Run "Xbox 360 Controller Emulator" as an Administrator, go to [Options] tab and press [Uninstall] button inside "Virtual Device" group box.