- Faster, around 20% more compared to the last pre-release
- More assembly optimizations from dav1d, mainly impacting AArch64
- Forward transform SIMD, to be accounted for the largest part of this week speedup
- Simplifications and refactoring in the Motion Estimation and Scene Change
- Optional serialization/deserialization of the encoding parameters through the feature
- Optional cli advanced commands to use it.
- The builds are now using the
dwarfdebug format for the targets that support it, before it was a mixture of
stabsdue to the nasm defaults.
- Segmentation support is now a tunable SpeedSetting and currently it is default off since it can produce desyncs.
- #1903 - edge-of-frame miscomputation
- #1858 - desync on speed 0 and 1 when certain quantizers are selected
- #1930 - segmentation encoding may cause desync