django-autocomplete-light's purpose is to enable autocompletes quickly and properly in a django project: it is the fruit of half a decade of R&D and thousands of contributions. It was designed for Django so that every part overridable or reusable independently. It is stable, tested, documented and fully supported: it tries to be a good neighbour in Django ecosystem.
Projects upgrading to Django 1.9
DAL has been ready for Django 1.9 since April 2015 thanks to @blueyed & @jpic. HOWEVER due to the app loading refactor in 1.9 you should apply the following:
find . -name '*py' | xargs sed -i 's/import autocomplete_light/from autocomplete_light import shortcuts as autocomplete_light/'
See the test_project running on Django 1.9 and its new cool admin theme: http://dal-yourlabs.rhcloud.com/admin (test:test).
- charfield, foreign key, many to many autocomplete widgets,
- generic foreign key, generic many to many autocomplete widgets,
- django template engine support for autocompletes, enabling you to include images etc ...
- add-another popup supported outside the admin too.
- keyboard is supported with enter, tab and arrows by default.
- Django 1.8, Python3 support
Each feature has a live example and is fully documented. It is also designed and documented so that you create your own awesome features too.
- **Documentation** graciously hosted by RTFD
- Live demo graciously hosted by RedHat, thanks to PythonAnywhere for hosting it in the past,
- Video demo graciously hosted by Youtube,
- Mailing list graciously hosted by Google
- Git graciously hosted by GitHub,
- Package graciously hosted by PyPi,
- Continuous integration graciously hosted by Travis-ci
- **Online paid support** provided via HackHands,