Additional completion definitions for Zsh.
This projects aims at gathering/developing new completion scripts that are not available in Zsh yet. The scripts are meant to be contributed to the Zsh project when stable enough.
See issues for details on each completion definition.
Gentoo's completions have been removed, as they are maintained upstream. See: Gentoo zsh-completions
- Arch Linux: community/zsh-completions / AUR/zsh-completions-git
- Mac OS: Homebrew
- Debian based distributions (Debian/Ubuntu/Linux Mint...): Packager needed, please get in touch !
- RPM based distributions (Fedora/RHEL/CentOS...): Packager needed, please get in touch !
- If you're using antigen, just add
antigen bundle zsh-users/zsh-completions srcto your .zshrc where you're loading your other zsh plugins.
Clone the repository:
git clone git://github.com/zsh-users/zsh-completions.git
Include the directory in your
$fpath, for example by adding in
You may have to force rebuild
rm -f ~/.zcompdump; compinit
If you use oh-my-zsh then just clone the repository inside your oh-my-zsh repo:
git clone https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh-completions ~/.oh-my-zsh/custom/plugins/zsh-completions
and enable it in your
plugins+=(zsh-completions) autoload -U compinit && compinit
Contributions are welcome, just make sure you follow the guidelines:
- Completions are not accepted when already available in zsh.
- Completions are not accepted when already available in their original project.
- Please do not just copy/paste someone else completion, ask before.
- Completions only partially implemented are not accepted.
- Please add a header containing authors, license info, status and origin of the script (example here).
- Please try to follow Zsh completion style guide.
- Please send one separate pull request per file.
- Send a pull request or ask for committer access.
See each file for license details.