What's EF Classic?
Entity Framework Classic is a supported version from the latest EF6 code base. It supports .NET Framework and .NET Core and overcomes some EF limitations by adding tons of must-haves built-in features.
Who is it for?
If you are looking for performance enhancement, an Entity Framework version that's compatible with .NET Core, tons of new built-in features and an outstanding customer support then EF Classic is for you!
Why should you use it?
EF Classic is a EF6 fork compatible with .NET Core. It's a limitless version that include tons of must-haves built-in features. Need support or a particular feature?
- Change Tracker
- Batch Query
- Batch SaveChanges
- Bulk SaveChanges
- Bulk Insert
- Bulk Update
- Bulk Delete
- Bulk Merge
- Bulk Synchronize
- C# Eval Function
What will happen to your other prime & free libraries on Entity Framework?
Basically, nothing will change, we will keep supporting them all.
- Entity Framework Extensions: EF Classic has a dependency to this library.
- Eval Expression.NET: EF Classic has a dependency to this library.
- EF Effort: A version is available compatible with EF Classic
- EF GraphDiff: We are currently investigating to either rewrite this library or to release a version compatible with EF Classic
- Entity Framework Dynamic Filter: We will continue to support this library, but all features will be rewritten in EF Classic to add more flexibility.
- Entity Framework Plus: We will continue to support this library, but all features will be re-written in EF Classic to add more flexibility.