Clone this wiki locally
Implementation ideas for rendering the ocean.
- Fresnel - reflection and refraction depend on the view angle.
- Use specular map so when water is near land,
- it flows differently
- it is shallower and therefore animates and renders differently.
- Use dynamic branch to discard fragments based on distance. No need to perform all the wave sampling when the
fadeFactoris going cancel out the effect.
- Utilize the alpha channel in the
blendColorto add additional translucency to the water. May be useful to view terrain, models, etc. under the water.
- Done: Implement by creating a material with Fabric.
- Done: We have noise functions to animate the water. Check the reference help for our GLSL built-ins.
- Done: Use a specular map so we know what is water and what is land. Let's not worry about the resolution for the moment. Coastlines will look bad.