araBeat is an interactive new media art developed for the artistic sonification of Electrocardiogram (ECG). It is a complete system that consists of modules of ECG, DSP, MCU & Motherboard.
araBeat captures ECG of human Interactors through two gel-less electrodes, identifies the QRS complex of ECG, calculates the time difference between the R wave peaks and using Audio DSP, it synthesizes high & low frequency sound in realtime, which is synchronized with the heartbeats of the Interactor.
araBeat lies in the spectrum of new media art, the form of interaction with the technology is designed with aesthetics in mind using stainless steel electrodes in the form of human hand.
araBeat is designed to be extendable using modular designs, so that every component can be just individually plugged into the motherboard. It is also built as an industrial grade system to operate in harsh weather conditions from -40 ° Celsius to 85 ° Celsius. Furthermore, it is designed to comply with medical grade electronics to have low electrical noises and safety.
In the first public appearance, araBeat is integrated into a permanent & public mosaic art installation called "The Heart Of Uptown", located at MoZaic East, Minneapolis, USA.
- Aravinth Panch < http://aravinth.info > New Media Art
- Stacia Goodman < http://www.staciagoodmanmosaics.com > Mosaic Art
- Marc Basara - Project Management, Minneapolis
- Stuart Ackerberg - Art Producer, Minneapolis
- Felix Christmann - Industrial Design, Berlin
- Alessandro Aresta - Sound Engineering, Berlin
- Len Goodman - Graphic Design, Minneapolis
- John Bean, Giam Nguyen, Hart Johnson, Randi Johnson - Production Management, Minneapolis
- Pavel Spieker, Kelly Ludeking, Anthony Kling - Structural Design & Construction, Minneapolis
- Shresth Agrawal - Software Engineering, Berlin
- Chris Kooper - Metalworking, Berlin
- Natalia Aravinth, Mladen Miljic, Darina Onoprienko - Family & Mental Support
- David Riding, Jasmin Skenderi - Electrical Design Review, Next Big Thing, Berlin
- Karissa Xie, Rolin Pei - CNC Machining, HLH Prototypes, Shenzhen
- Monica Shen, Ivy Li, Carmen Zheng - PCB Manufacturing, Seeed Studio, Shenzhen
- Goran, Sascha Hamacher - WaterJet Cutting, S-Hamacher Art Production Studio, Berlin
- Robert Blowsky - Digital Signal Processing, Analog Devices, EZ Forum
- nLab, Berlin - Interaction Technology Design & Development
- MotionLab, Berlin - Prototype CNC Machining
- Tivoli Too, Minneapolis - Structural Design & Construction
- Seeed Studio, Shenzhen - PCB Manufacturing
- Troublemaker, Shenzhen - Prototyping
- HLH Prototypes, Shenzhen - CNC Machining
- S-Hamacher Art Production Studio, Berlin - WaterJet Cutting & Metalworking