Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 40 million developers.Sign up
- Setup now offers a easy uninstall of an old installed version. This is recommended for EVERY new update.
- New translations for Japanese and Portuguese.
- New (default) option: You can disable old UWP Edge theme switch completely.
- App-Icon now kinda has a higher resolution.
- Added donation reminder that popups randomly at app UI startup.
- Applied fixes for acrylic window above 1903 (#28).
- Fixed crash at startup on some machines with region set to US (#49).
- Fixed crash while applying theme on LTSB and LTSC machines, because MS Edge isn't installed (#44).
- Shortened task scheduler task names to avoid crashes.
- App doesn't restart anymore if the user didn't switched the language (#52).
- Correct version number in installer.
Some users run into issues while applying their settings. Please consider to first uninstall the old version of Auto Dark Mode, before installing this new one.
- Support for 12 hour clock #32.
- Optional instant theme switch for devices with connected standby.
- Added translation for the following languages: Chinese, French, Italian, Russian and Ukrainian.
- Auto Dark Mode can now search for new updates in the background.
- New startup argument /swap to swap the current theme.
- Improved dark theme.
- Improved keyboard navigation.
- Improved user interface.
- Message to inform users about theme switch issues with activated energy saver #30.
- Fixed window lag while dragging around #28.
- Fixed an issue where a new window opens without content #33.
I'm proud to announce Auto Dark Mode 2.2 with the coolest feature ever!
Changes in Version 2.2:
- You can now choose separate Desktop Wallpaper for each theme #23.
- Auto Dark Mode itself has now a dark theme. What a role model!
- The main window has now the famous fluent design acrylic effect.
- Custom tile for the start menu, now in fancy black!
- I made some code changes for higher efficiency.
- Happy release Windows 1903! Auto Dark Mode is prepared for you.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please first uninstall the old version of Auto Dark Mode, due to some under the hood changes that could cause errors.
Changes in Version 2.1.1:
This update was re-released as Version 2.1.1. Some really important Bugs are now fixed, so please upgrade your Auto Dark Mode-App, even if you already installed the original 2.1 release.
Changes in Version 2.1:
- We have a new name! From Auto-Night Mode to Auto Dark Mode.
- Instant theme switch after starting up or waking up your Computer. Finally! (#20)
- You can now also choose minutes for your sheduled times. This also results in more accurate sunrise and sunset times. (#16 and #14)
- Support for different languages. At the moment the program is translated into english, german and polish. Thanks to @xmcgamer0x for the contribution.
- The Location-Time now updates weekly instead of monthly. The transitions between seasons are changing the sunrise and sunset-times pretty often.
Changes for Windows Version 1903:
- Accent Color can now be used for the Taskbar and other System Elements while dark mode is activated. With the sheduled switch to the light System-Theme, the App automatically turns off Accent Color and turns it back on, when the night comes.
- Current theme is now oriented on App-Theme when the System-Theme is set to Always dark/light.
- Setup now uses a certificate. Hopefully Windows Smartscreen will like my program in future.
- I tried to fix some Bugs with the theme switch for Microsoft Edge. Now it should use the correct theme. (#19)
- New tooltip for deactivated Options when Windows 1903 is not installed.
- Current Theme detection was not working in Version 2.0. Nobody noticed it, but now it works
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please first uninstall the old version of Auto-Night Mode, due to some under the hood changes that could cause errors.
Changes in Version 2.0:
- Microsoft fixed some issues with theme switching in Windows 10 version 1809 with a cumulative update. I don't know why they backported this improvement from the insider builds, but thanks to the guy at Microsoft who made this change! (#4)
- Automatic theme switching based on sunset and sunrise of your location. (#3)
- Added Jump-List, so you are able to switch the theme without needing to open the app!
- Support for the new system-wide light theme in Windows 1903. You can activate 1903 features at anytime in the About-Window. (#2)
- Microsoft Edge theme switching. (#6)
- Task schedules are now created in a subfolder.
- Improved Icon.
- Fixed a crash at program startup on some machines, due to a missing registry key. Thanks for your reports! (#8)
- Fixed an issue where the theme stayed white, if you wake up your pc some hours after the scheduled time for the dark theme. (#7 and #9)
- The program and uninstaller now removes more reliably the task scheduler entries.