CLI Reddit client written in C. Oh, crossplatform too!
How to build
Current required libraries are libcurl and libncursesw (Wide-character version of libncurses). The project itself comprises a library called libreddit and a program called creddit.
To do a normal compilation, run the two commands:
Note: 'make install' will need to be run as root to install to the root directory.
If you would like to compile libreddit on its own as a shared library, you can
make libreddit. The resulting shared library will be
./build/libreddit.so. You can also install the library separately via
make libreddit_install. To use the library, include "reddit.h" and link against
To see other documented compilation options, read the top comments in ./Makefile.
- k / UP -- Move up one link in the list
- j / DOWN -- Move down one link in the list
- K -- Scroll up link text of open link
- J -- Scroll down link text of open link
- L -- Get the next list of Links from Reddit
- u -- Update the list (Clears the list of links, and then gets a new list from Reddit)
- l / ENTER -- Open the selected link
- c -- Display the comments for the selected link
- q -- Close open Link, or exit program if no link is open
- [1 - 5] -- Switch between subreddit list types (hot, new, rising, controversial, top)
- k / UP -- Move up one comment in the list
- j / DOWN -- Move down one comment in the list
- K -- Scroll up comment text of open comment
- J -- Scroll down comment text of open comment
- PGUP -- Move up one comment at the same depth
- PGDN -- Move down one comment at the same depth
- l / ENTER -- Open the selected comment
- q / h -- Close the open comment, or close the comment screen if no comment is open