The initial version of the engine was created during a multi-linear storytelling course at the Zurich University of the Arts (http://www.zhdk.ch).
- Download the newest version of the engine from the master branch
- Copy everything except the
.gitignoreonto your webserver
/_database/storyengine.sql(MySQL) to setup the database for the engine
/application/config/database.phpto match your database connection
- If you want to change the engines language edit
/application/config/config.php(only english and german are supported at the moment)
- Make sure that the
assetsfolder and its subfolders have writing access
- Replace the files in
/img/icowith your favicons
- The installation is complete and you can now log into the engine with the default account (username:
##Using the engine ###User management
- Only administrators can manage users
- Only authors can manage the story
- Create pages and add options to the pages to build your story
- Pages can have consequences that affect the attributes you defined
- Options can have conditions based on the defined attributes. If any condition is not met the option will not be displayed
- Options can have consequences that affect the attributes you defined
- Options can have checks based on attributes or random checks. If these checks are met a random success page will be chosen to go to. If they're not met a random fail page will be chosen.
- Options without checks will always go to a random success page.
- Add achievements based on the attributes you defined