Denver Devs Website - denverdevs.org
Here's where the magic happens. This is the denverdevs.org website, which is basically a bunch of words wrapped around one critical feature: the automatic Slack invite component. We're using VuePress, a touch of AWS Lambda magic, GitHub pages for hosting, and Travis CI for keeping things looking good.
These instructions will get you a copy of the project up and running on your local machine for development and testing purposes. See deployment for notes on how to deploy the project on a live system.
Outside of knowledge you'll need Node, Yarn & VuePress to run this - so if you don't have those set up on your machine check out this page.
Get Yarn here
Get VuePress here
Clone this directory into the area you want:
git clone https://github.com/Denver-Devs/denverdevs.org
Hop into the directory it's at:
Get the dependancies / node_modules installed:
Once that's done, and it could take just a bit, you'll want to take a look at the build
This will set up a little server for you, watch the repo, and let you update code without refreshing.
Deployment is handled via Travis-CI and Github Pages. After you've worked up your changes / feature branch submit a PR, once it's all good we'll merge into the
master branch and assuming everything passes your work will automagically deploy soon.
- Vue.js - Vue.js, so hot right now.
- VuePress - Static Site Generator for the site.
- AWS Lambda - Server-less is our friend.
- GitHub Pages - Free hosting for Open Source projects! Thanks GitHub.
- Travis CI - Continuous Integration provided for free to Open Source projects <3.
Please read CONTRIBUTING.md for details on our code of conduct, and the process for submitting pull requests to us.
- Dan Hannigan - Initial work - danhannigan
See also the list of contributors who participated in this project.
This project is licensed under the MIT License - see the LICENSE.md file for details. You're welcome to use our code here and feel free to reach out with any questions. Please don't take or use our logo / identity though without asking us.
- Shout out to the Vue.js team and VuePress. Got us up and running in no time.
- Appreciate the free tiers open on so many great tools out there - they're a lifesaver when it comes to non-profit community projects.
- The admins & community of denverdevs.org, thanks for being here.
- Also thanks to PurpleDoor for the rad readme template.