A curated list of awesome resources for teaching kids programming.
- The Foos - A funny, pre-literate iPad game that teaches concepts for commands, parameters, loops, and conditionals.
- Scratch Jr. - An app that teaches young kids how to visually code interactive stories and games. A simplified version of the Scratch website, for a tablet.
- Lightbot - Solve puzzles with commands, loops, and conditionals. Comes in Lightbot and lightbot Jr, and a mobile app or a desktop website.
- Cargo Bot - iPad app to solve problems with constraints using commands, loops, conditional statements. More difficult puzzles than Lightbot.
- Code.org - A website with interactive coding games and courses for kids. Covers a large range of ages and skill levels.
- Scratch - Scratch is a popular visual programming language for beginners, created by MIT. The Scratch website is a platform for kids to make interactive stories and share them with each other.
- DIY.org - An online community for kids to learn anything. Programming skills listed are App Dev, Backend Dev, Frontend Dev, Game Dev, Graphic Designer, Open Sourcerer, Scratcher, Sys Admin, and Web Designer.
- Bitsbox - A monthly box subscription that teaches kids how to code.
- CS Unplugged - A collection of free learning activities that teach Computer Science through engaging games and puzzles that use cards, string, crayons and lots of running around.
- Lauren Ipsum - A book that teaches problem-solving concepts in the context of programming. Sample chapters available online.
- Lego Mindstorms - A robotics kit by Lego.
- Ruby Warrior - An online tutorial-game with cool music that teaches Ruby programming.
- Swift Playgrounds - Apple's fun iPad app for learning Swift.
- Khan Academy - Computer Programming - A series of web-based programming lessons with interactive challenges, by Khan Academy. Teaches topics like animation, game development, and web programming. Users can post questions, which get answered quickly by the community.
- Web Design for Kids - A series of tutorials teaching children the basics of designing and building a website with HTML and CSS.