Icinga Director has been designed to make Icinga 2 configuration handling easy. It tries to target two main audiences:
- Users with the desire to completely automate their datacenter
- Sysops willing to grant their "point & click" users a lot of flexibility
What makes Icinga Director so special is the fact that it tries to target both of them at once.
Please have a look at our Installation instructions and our hints for how to apply Upgrades. We love automation and in case you also do so, the Automation chapter could be worth a read. When upgrading, you should also have a look at our Changelog.
You could be interested in understanding how the Director works internally. Working with agents is a topic that affects many Icinga administrators. Other interesting entry points might be Import and Synchronization, our CLI interface, the REST API and last but not least our FAQ.
A complete list of all our documentation can be found in the doc directory.
Icinga Director is an Open Source project and lives from your contributions. No matter whether these are feature requests, issues, translations, documentation or code.
- Please check whether a related issue already exists on our Issue Tracker
- Make sure your code conforms to the PSR-2: Coding Style Guide
- Unit-Tests would be great
- Send a Pull Request
The following are to be considered community-supported modules, as they are not supported by the Icinga Team. At least not yet. But please give them a try if they fit your needs. They are being used in productive environments:
- AWS - Amazon Web Services: provides an Import Source for Autoscaling Groups on AWS
- File-Shipper: allows Director to ship additional config files with manual config with its deployments
- PuppetDB: provides an Import Source dealing with your PuppetDB
- vSphere: VMware vSphere Import Source for Virtual Machines and Host Systems