IndoorAtlas SDK Examples for Android
IndoorAtlas provides a unique Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solution that runs a disruptive geomagnetic positioning in its full-stack hybrid technology for accurately pinpointing a location inside a building. The IndoorAtlas SDK enables app developers to use high-accuracy indoor positioning in venues that have been fingerprinted.
This example app showcases the IndoorAtlas SDK features and acts as a reference implementation for many of the basic SDK features. Getting started requires you to set up a free developer account and fingerprint your indoor venue using the IndoorAtlas MapCreator tool.
- Getting Started
- SDK Changelog
Set up your account
- Set up your free developer account in the IndoorAtlas developer portal. Help with getting started is available in the Quick Start Guide.
- To enable IndoorAtlas indoor positioning in a venue, the venue needs to be fingerprinted with the IndoorAtlas MapCreator 2 tool.
- To start developing your own app, create an API key.
Set up your API keys
To run the examples you need to configure your IndoorAtlas API keys. If you do not have keys yet, go to https://app.indooratlas.com and sign up.
Once you have API keys, edit them into
gradle.properties in the project root level.
- Simple Example: This is the hello world of IndoorAtlas SDK. Displays received location updates as log entries.
- ImageView: Automatically downloads the floor plan that user has entered and displays it using Dave Morrissey's https://github.com/davemorrissey/subsampling-scale-image-view. This is a great library for handling large images!
Google Maps - Basic Example
- Google Maps - Basic: This is the hello world of IndoorAtlas SDK + Google Map. Shows received locations on world map. Does not retrieve floor plans.
Google Maps - Overlay Example
- Google Maps - Overlay: Just like Google Maps - Basic but demonstrates how to place floor plan on world map by coordinates.
Open Street Map Overlay Example
- Overlay with Open Street Map: Similar to Google maps examples, but uses Open Street Maps instead
Automatic Venue and Floor Detection Example
- Automatic Venue and Floor Detection: Demonstrates automatic region changes i.e. automatic venue detection and floor detection.
Wayfinding Example: In this example, a wayfinding graph json file is loaded. On the UI, you'll see your current location, and when you tap another point on the floorplan, you'll be shown a wayfinding route to that location.
Note: to setup, you need to draw a wayfinding graph for your venue using app.indooratlas.com and save it. Obviously you also need to fingerprint the venue and generate a map.
Location Sharing aka "Find your friend" Example
- Location sharing: Demonstrates sharing location via 3rd party cloud service. Can be used as an example of an multidot application.
Foreground Service Positioning Example
- Foreground Service Positioning Example: Demonstrates running IndoorAtlas positioning when the app is in the background, using an Android Foreground Service.
Positioning using Pernding Intents
- Positioning using Pernding Intents: Demonstrates running IndoorAtlas positioning in the background.
- Geofences: Demonstrates how to set geofences and receive the geofence events.
- Orientation: Demonstrates IndoorAtlas 3D Orientation API.
Set Credentials from Code Example
- Set credentials: Demonstrates how to set IndoorAtlas credentials from code in runtime.
The IndoorAtlas SDK API documentation is available in the documentation portal: http://docs.indooratlas.com/android/
Copyright 2015-2017 IndoorAtlas Ltd. The IndoorAtlas SDK Examples are released under the Apache License. See the LICENSE.md file for details.