XML Forms is a collection of Drupal modules that allow for the manipulation of XML documents though Drupal forms. The Islandora Form Builder (XML_Forms modules) makes it possible for users to create, copy, and edit ingest forms, and to affiliate them with Content Models in the repository.
The following Modules are installed as part of the XML Forms package. See inline documentation for additional details.
- Objective Forms
- Islandora XML Form API
- Islandora XML Schema API
- Islandora XML Form Elements
- Islandora XML Form Builder
- Islandora XML Forms
This module allows for the creation of Object Based Drupal Forms. It provides a number of functions and class for processing/populating forms.
Some important notes.
- Each Form Element is assigned a unique hash Form Property to identify it, #hash.
- Each Form Element that is created is stored in a registry and it will persist though out the lifetime of the form even if it's removed from the form. Ancestry of Form Elements is stored so if a Form Element is cloned we will be able to determine the Form Element that it was cloned from.
- Form Properties can be objects. To define new Form Properties implement the hook objectify_properties.
- Forms will be auto-populated from $form_states[‘values’].
- There is a FormStorage class that can be used to store any persistent data.
Islandora XML Form API
The core of the library this module provides functions for processing XML files through forms.
In essence this module models
- The form to be processed.
- The Form Properties needed to manipulate XML
- The XML document to be manipulated
- The actions required to generate repeating Form Elements (tabs,tags) from the XML document
- The schema needed to determine the insert locations of elements and the validation requirements. (included via the Islandora XML Schema API)
Islandora XML Schema API
This module provides functions for processing Schema files. It's used to determine where to insert XML Nodes, and how to validate them.
Islandora XML Form Elements
This module defines custom Drupal Form Elements along with AHAH callbacks.
This module requires the following modules/libraries:
Install as usual, see this for further information.
Create and import forms at Administration » Form Builder (admin/islandora/xmlform).
You can also set whether a default DC XSLT will be enforced.
Further documentation for this module is available at our wiki.
Having problems or solved a problem? Check out the Islandora google groups for a solution.
- Islandora Group
- Islandora Dev Group
- Note if you get error "XML form definition is not valid." during ingest you need to update your libxml2 version to 2.7+
Q. Can I convert an existing field to any form element type listed in the "Type" options under the "Common Form Controls" tab (or create new form elements using any form element type)?
A. No. The following element types are not supported for full CRUD (create/read/update/delete) operations:
If you would like to contribute to this module, please check out CONTRIBUTING.md. In addition, we have helpful Documentation for Developers info, as well as our Developers section on the Islandora.ca site.