Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - HTML (Angular) Client
A simple stocklist demo application showing integration between Angular and the Lightstreamer Web Client library.
This demo displays real-time market data for ten stocks, generated by a feed simulator in a similar way to the Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - HTML Client.
This page uses the Web Client SDK API for Lightstreamer to handle the communications with Lightstreamer Server and uses Angular to display the real-time data pushed by Lightstreamer Server.
A Lightstreamer Subscription is used for subscribing to the data. The onItemUpdate callback implementation fills an object that is used by Angular to populate the HTML.
The demo includes the following client-side functionalities:
- A Subscription containing 10 items, subscribed to in MERGE mode.
If you want to install a version of this demo pointing to your local Lightstreamer Server, follow these steps:
- Note that, as prerequisite, the Lightstreamer - Stock- List Demo - Java Adapter has to be deployed on your local Lightstreamer Server instance. Please check out that project and follow the installation instructions provided with it.
- Launch Lightstreamer Server.
- Get the
lightstreamer.min.jsfile from npm or unpkg and put it in the
src/assetsfolder of the demo. Alternatively, you can generate a customized lightstreamer.min.js library containing only the classes you actually use; see the build instructions on the GitHub page. In that case, be sure to include the LightstreamerClient, Subscription, ConnectionSharing, and StatusWidget modules.
- Change the current directory to the location of the file
package.jsonand issue the commands
npm install(to install Angular libraries) and
npm run build(to compile Typescript files). Be sure to have installed Node.js and npm and verify that you are running at least node v8.x.x and npm 6.x.x by running
npm -vin a console window.
You can deploy this demo inside Lightstreamer internal web server or in any other web server.
If you choose the former, please create the folders
/pages/demos/[demo_name] into your Lightstreamer server installation then copy the contents of the
dist folder of this project there.
The client demos configuration assumes that Lightstreamer Server, Lightstreamer Adapters, and this client are launched on the same machine. If you need to target a different Lightstreamer server, please search for this line:
var lsClient = new LightstreamerClient
stock-list.service.ts and change it accordingly.
The demo is now ready to be launched.
Lightstreamer Adapters Needed by This Demo Client
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo - Java Adapter
- Lightstreamer - Reusable Metadata Adapters - Java Adapter
- Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - HTML (AngularJS, ng-grid) Client
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demos - HTML Clients
Lightstreamer Compatibility Notes
Compatible with Lightstreamer Web Client library version 8.0 or newer.
For a version of this example compatible with Lightstreamer SDK for Web Clients version 7.x or earlier, please refer to this tag.