BackgroundTab for NewsBlur
Now licensed under GPL Version 3 and available in the Chrome Web Store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/background-tab-for-newsbl/ieeimmkgocgaaabphkgjdkophaejfnlk/
New in 0.4.0:
- Able to override Newsblur hotkeys (default "o" and "v"). (Thanks to Gary Pandergast (@pento) for showing how this can be done and submitting a pull request)
- Added support for multiple hotkeys.
- Changed to local storage instead of using Chrome Sync to store extension settings.
New in 0.3.0: Added customizable hotkey support.
This Chrome extension allows you to open the currently selected story in NewsBlur in a background tab by pressing a defined hotkey (default "o" and "v").
Note: This extension was previously obsolete, with Newsblur implementing a function to open links in the background.
However, Chrome 41 broke Newsblur's implemnentation. This version was released to the Stable channel in March 2015.
See https://github.com/samuelclay/NewsBlur/issues/655 for details on this issue.
- Download files and put into a directory
- Go to chrome://extensions
- Enable Developer mode
- Select "Load Unpacked Extension..."
- Select the directory.
It should then be installed.
Get feedback about international versions Add customizable hotkey
- Determine if regular "o" hotkey can be overridden.
Distribute the crx file.
- Gary Pandergast (@pento)
- Marc-Antoine Courteau (@macourteau)
- Randy (@TheQwerty)
- Mirco Macrelli (@mircomacrelli)
Icon based off of:
- Decorative Sun Icon from https://openclipart.org/detail/3367/ivak-Decorative-Sun-by-ivak (public domain)
- Tango Tab New from https://openclipart.org/detail/34297/tab-new-by-warszawianka (public domain)
contact AT darryltam.com