Full featured web search engine
Documentation and auxiliary files
- Documentation in English: doc/index.en.html
- as a single file: doc/single.en.html
- Documentation in Russian: doc/index.ru.html
- as s single file doc/single.ru.html
- Auxiliary files available on DataparkSearch download page in Gogle Code
- You can find some packages on DataparkSearch download page on Google Drive
Feel free to ask any question about DataparkSearch Engine in DataparkSearch group on Google Groups
- Support for http, https, ftp (passive mode), nntp and news URL schemes.
- htdb virtual URL scheme for SQL database indexing.
- Indexes text/html, text/xml, text/plain, audio/mpeg (mp3) and image/gif mime types natively.
- External parsers support for other document types, including Microsoft Word, Excel, RTF, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat PDF and Flash.
- Can index multilingual sites using content negotiation.
- Can search all of the word forms using ispell affixes and dictionaries.
- Synonym, acronym and abbreviation query expansion based on editable dictionaries, specified by language and charset.
- Stop-words, synonyms and acronyms lists.
- Options to query with all words, all words near to each others, any words, or Boolean queries. A subset of VQL (Verity Query Language) is supported.
- Popularity Rank based on a neural network model.
- Results can be sorted by relevancy (using vector calculation), popularity rank as "Goo" (adding weight for incoming links), and "Neo" (neural network model), last modified time, and by "importance" (a combination of relevancy and popularity rank).
- Supports wide range of character sets support with automated character set and language detection.
- Offers an accent insensitive search option.
- Provides phrase segmenting (tokenizing) for Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Thai.*
- Includes an indexer and a web CGI front-end, as well as a search module for Apache web server (mod_dpsearch).
- Handles Internationalized Domain Names (IDN).
- Summary Extraction Algorithm automatically sums up each document in several sentences.
- Uses If-Modified-Since for efficient transfer of only changed files.
- Can perform parallel and multi-threaded indexing for faster updating.
- Flexible update scheduling, including options for checking some sections of a site more frequently.
- Handles basic authentication (user name and password) and cookies.
- Stores a compressed text version of the documents for extracting and viewing.
- Can specify a default character set and language for a server or subdirectory, or a list of possible languages.
- Noindex tags: <!--UdmComment-->, <NOINDEX>, <!--noindex-->, Google's special comments <!-- google_ad_section_start -->, <!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) --> and <!-- google_ad_section_end --> consider as tags to include/exclude.
- Can specify a content body tag.
- Spellchecking for query words with aspell.
- Flexible options and commands to customize search result pages.
- Effective caching gives significant time reduction in search times.
- Query logging stores the query, query parameters and the number of results found.
Disclaimer (see LICENSE for details)
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA.
Additional permission under GNU GPL version 3 section 7
If you modify this program, or any covered work, by linking or combining it with the OpenSSL project's OpenSSL library (or a modified version of that library), containing parts covered by the terms of the OpenSSL or SSLeay licenses, the Free Software Foundation grants you additional permission to convey the resulting work. Corresponding Source for a non-source form of such a combination shall include the source code for the parts of OpenSSL used as well as that of the covered work.