Unix setup | Windows setup | macOS setup | MonaTiny | Docker | Documentation | About
Temporary project planned to replace MonaServer.
MonaServer is a lightweight web and media server customizable by LUA script applications. MonaServer supports currently following protocols:
- HTTP(TLS) with a rendez-vous extension (cmd RDV) to meet peers together (e.g. SDP exchange for WebRTC)
- RTP, RTSP (in progress...)
MonaServer supports advanced features for the following media containers:
- FLV, F4V
- ADTS, AAC, MP3
- SubRip, VTT
Start MonaServer developments by reading the documentation
- g++ version >=5 (or compliant clang...)
- OpenSSL libraries with headers, usually dev-package named
- LuaJIT library with headers, dev-package named libluajit-5.1-dev or prefer luajit 2.1 beta by building from sources:
git clone https://github.com/LuaJIT/LuaJIT.git cd LuaJIT make && sudo make install
- To enable SRT Protocol install SRT
Download or clone MonaServer sources and compile everything simply with make:
git clone https://github.com/MonaSolutions/MonaServer2.git cd MonaServer2 make
To enable SRT Protocol define ENABLE_SRT variable
Start executable :
cd MonaServer ./MonaServer
A Windows 32-bit and a Windows 64-bit zipped packages are provided to test MonaServer. However we recommend to build the github version from the sources for production use.
- Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019 for Windows Desktop
- To enable SRT Protocol download and build SRT, put the header files in External/include and the libraries in External/lib and External/lib64 (with a d sufix for the debug librairies):
./External/lib>dir ./External/lib>dir srt/srt.h pthread_lib.lib srt/logging_api.h pthread_libd.lib srt/platform_sys.h srt_static.lib srt/srt4udt.h srt_staticd.lib srt/version.h win/syslog_defs.h
Note: OpenSSL and LuaJIT dependencies are already included in the project.
Download or clone MonaServer sources, open Mona.sln project file with Visual Studio, right clic on MonaServer project and clic on Build.
Start MonaServer by selecting MonaServer project and pressing F5.
- XCode version >=8 and Xcode dev Tools which you can install using the following command :
First, install homebrew :
/usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
Then install openssl :
brew install openssl
- LuaJIT library with headers :
brew install luajit
Or prefer luajit 2.1 beta by building from sources :
git clone https://github.com/LuaJIT/LuaJIT.git cd LuaJIT make MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.14 && sudo make install
Note: Mac-OSX target require a MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET definition with make MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.X where (10.X is your macOS version), see this LuaJIT issue for more details.
- To enable SRT Protocol install SRT :
brew install srt
Build & Start
See Unix setup Build and Start chapters
MonaTiny is a version of MonaServer without LUA script applications. Setup is identical excepting that there is no LuaJIT dependency, just start executable file ./MonaTiny/MonaTiny
A Docker image is available on Docker Hub with the name
See more at https://github.com/MonaSolutions/docker-mona
To run monaserver in Docker use the following command :
docker run --rm -it --name=mona -p 80:80 -p 443:443 -p 1935:1935 -p 1935:1935/udp monaserver/monaserver
- General (in progress...)
- Script application (in progress...)
- Media streaming(in progress...)
- Script API (in progress...)
- By protocols
- HTTP protocol (in progress...)
- WebSocket protocol (in progress...)
- SRT protocol
- RTMP(E) and RTMFP protocols (in progress...)
Asks your questions or feedbacks relating MonaServer usage on the MonaServer forum.
For all issues with MonaServer please create an issue on the github issues page.
MonaServer is licensed under the GNU General Public License and mainly powered by Haivision, for any commercial questions or licence please contact us at .