The xNetworking module contains the following resources:
- xFirewall: Sets a node's firewall rules.
- xIPAddress: Sets a node's IP address(s).
- xDnsServerAddress: Sets a node's DNS server address(s).
- xDnsConnectionSuffix: Sets a node's network interface connection-specific DNS suffix.
- xDefaultGatewayAddress: Sets a node's default gateway address.
- xNetConnectionProfile: Sets a node's connection profile.
- xDhcpClient: Enable or Disable DHCP on an network interface.
- xRoute: Sets static routes on a node.
- xNetBIOS: Enable or Disable NetBios on a network interface.
- xNetworkTeam: Set up network teams on a node.
- xNetworkTeamInterface: Add network interfaces to a network team.
- xHostsFile: Adds, edits or removes entries from the hosts file on a node.
- xNetAdapterBinding: Bind or unbind transport or filters to a network interface.
- xDnsClientGlobalSetting: Configure DNS client global settings.
- xNetAdapterRDMA: Enable or disable RDMA on a network adapter.
Please check out common DSC Resources contributing guidelines.
xFirewall Known Issues
The following error may occur when applying xFirewall configurations on Windows Server 2012 R2 if KB3000850 is not installed. Please ensure this update is installed if this error occurs.
The cmdlet does not fully support the Inquire action for debug messages. Cmdlet operation will continue during the prompt. Select a different action preference via -Debug switch or $DebugPreference variable, and try again.
Known Invalid Configuraiton
- The exception 'One of the port keywords is invalid' will be thrown if a rule is created with the LocalPort set to PlayToDiscovery and the Protocol is not set to UDP. This is not an unexpected error, but because the New-NetFirewallRule documentation is incorrect.
This issue has been reported on Microsoft Connect